35 *

{ t h i r t y f i v e }

Luke sat with Michael, Lacey and the jock who's name he still didn't know- he'd really have to learn it because this is ridiculous.

It was another music lesson and they were desperately trying to come up with lyrics. Michael had suggested tweaking the lyrics to 'Rejects' so that's what they were all trying to do. They'd gone into the practise room they first used when they started the project.

Luke was still stuck in his very happy mood. It was actually annoying Michael to not know what was causing it at this point, but no matter how much he begged Luke wouldn't cave and tell him.

Calum hummed the lyrics quietly, trying to get the next line. They were still on the first verse.

"Oh, by the way dude," Michael got Calum's attention. Luke and Lacey continued looking at the lyrics. "What's your name?"

Luke was glad he wasn't the only one who didn't pay attention and find out everyone's names. He used to when he was younger but now he's 18 and kind of ignorant.

"It's Calum." Calum stated, Luke nodded, storing the information in his head. "With one L."

Luke's head shot up so fast that Lacey let out a gasp of surprise. He locked eyes with Calum, a million thoughts running through his head.

How many people had the name Calum, with one fucking L.

So we're in the same timezone. What a small world.

Apparently your number is written on the wall in one of our school bathrooms.

Calum was furrowing his eyebrows, giving Luke a half disgusted and half confused look. Luke looked down, his eyes quickly scanning over Calum's body as he did.

I have to wear my football jersey to represent the team.

Every football team has a jersey. Some people like to spell their name differently. It could just be a huge coincidence... A huge pile of coincidences?

Everyone in the small group was looking at Luke now and he didn't like it one bit.

It couldn't be his Calum, surely. His Calum was dorky and sweet and nice. This jock was an asshole, to put it bluntly. He called Luke fairy and made fun of his clothes. No, it just wasn't possible.

There was the slightest bit of doubt running through his mind though. Michael took the attention off of his best friend, suggesting the next line of the song. Luke could only think of one way to find out the true answer, and fuck, he knew he'd regret it.

With shaking hands he pulled his phone out of his back pocket, eyeing Calum's phone on the floor as he did. He typed every letter incredibly slowly, already regretting what he was writing out.

My name is Luke Hemmings.

Luke hesitated, looking at Calum again. Calum was scowling, looking at the lyrics and pouting ever so slightly. Calum just wanted to be at home texting his baby and listening to music in his room. Looking at Calum, Luke told himself he had no reason to be nervous. There was no way that this was him, absolutely no way.

Why was he even hesitating?

With one last look at Calum he pressed send.

Then he watched as Calum's phone lit up with a message, the word 'BABY' flashing across the screen and the words he took so long to type lined up underneath it.

Calum continued to talk about the lyrics with Michael as Luke started to hyperventilate.

"Are you okay?" Lacey asked him and that drew all of the attention onto him. He looked down to the floor, fumbling to quickly stand up. He could not be in this room when Calum read that text, how stupid could he be to send his name like that?