||Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) #1||

(This is gonna be the older version of Dave, even though he doesn't age, the one where he's been in the Foo Fighters for a while and stuff. It might be a little sad too... Sorry... And I'm not the characters I write, they have different beliefs and other things than I do... But I can't say I'm not a bit shocked by somethings... Enjoy)

||Paige's POV||

It must've been three in the morning when I woke up from a bad dream to see that Dave was gone.

I should've known, it always happened on this day. It did for him too. The most depressing day of each year was April 5th. Neither of us could handle it, it was usually a day of heavy drinking and wet eyes as we watched the sunset rise and fall. All night we'd stay up, scared of having to experience the nightmare again.

It scared us, both of us. I may have not been in the band but knowing that if I didn't know Kurt, I wouldn't have known Dave. The best thing that ever happened to me was introduced to me by someone that made the worse day of my life.

April 5th. The day haunts the Grohls, the Novoselics, and everyone else in the alternative grunge rock scene.

April 5th. The day my best friend was found from a supposed suicide, but I didn't believe it.

I knew Courtney before he did. I knew what evil things she was capable of. I knew that smile she put on in front of Kurt was fake. I knew the secrets she hid.

That's why she doesn't talk to me. She knows I know, she knows I can send her to jail at any second.

I know what she is, I know she shouldn't raise Bean, but what could I do? I am the band mates girlfriend and Kurt's best friend. Even if I tried to do something, I couldn't.

I slowly got out of bed, slipping on one of Dave's DC punk shirts. The history behind these were amazing, something I could only dream of.

I knew where he was, the same place he was every single time on this day.

I walked down the hallway and into the bathroom, where I saw the curtains flowing through the open window and a step stool that stood right below it.

The roof, or as I call it 'the Spiritual Journey Destination.' I'm not ashamed, I like the name.

I carefully stepped through the window, and across the some of the roofing until I saw Dave sitting and watching the stars.

I slowly walked over, careful not to scare him and sat next to him with sigh. The April showers had softened a bit, but still lit sprinkles began to dampen our clothes. But I was fine, I had no pants on and I was only in a shirt and underwear but I was fine.

"April 5th, 1994. Nirvana frontman, Kurt Cobain, found in his greenhouse, dead from self inflicted shotgun wound to the head," Dave whispered, taking a sip of his beer and even through the darkness, I could see his watering eyes.

"How could he do that, Paige?"

"Dave, don't ask me that. You've told me I'm wrong before... I don't wanna argue today. Especially not about him. It's not the day," I murmured, grabbing a Coors from the ice chest he brought up here. Hey, we were prepared.

"He was suicidal I guess..."

"He was never suicidal once the pain stopped, Dave," I yelled, breaking down into tears, looking up at the sky. "He was the happiest I'd ever seen him.."

"Sometimes I think that's him," he said quietly, pulling me close to him as I cried. "That star always shines its brightest on this day. It's gotta be him. He's a star of course."

I slowly looked up and saw one of the shiniest stars I'd ever seen right between the two trees we had in our front yard.

"Shining right over Aberdeen, shining right over the world."

"You'll be that way one day, I know it. You'll see him too," I said, sniffing. I was gonna get sick from being out here but it didn't matter.

"I don't believe in that stuff," he muttered, chugging his bottle once again.

"And I don't either, but there's gotta be a place. A rock n roll heaven. Where Hendrix is playing checkers at this very moment with John Lennon, and Brian Jones is doing karaoke with Freddy Mercury and Bon Scott. And Kurt is waiting patiently for you guys to join him. No matter how long it may take," I murmured, beginning to cry again as Dave did too.

"God damnit Kurt!" Dave screamed, so he knew he could hear him through the heavens. 

We sat there for a while, a long while actually, until the next night. April 6th.

April 6th, the day that came after the worst day of our lives.

(I'm proud of this, I don't know why, I just am. I'm seen Soaked In Bleach 68 times and counting and I watched it before this as well. Crazy stuff, I can't say I don't speculate things. But I won't fight over someone's death, it's wrong to me. You can't bring them back, what happened has happened, although the truth may not be revealed)