||Don Henley (The Eagles) #1 Part 2||

(I decided to make a part two for the last one because I want some happy endings god damnit... I just hope this is good. That's Glenn and Don btw :) Enjoy!)

||Cynthia's POV||

I awoke to the sounds of a kettle. Ah, so Jackson was gonna start even earlier today. It was different though, it sounded like he was trying to change a song that was already done. It was strange.

I slowly sat up, feeling a pain on the top of my spine and ends of my shoulders. I really needed to get a new job. I mean sure Don and Glenn had the money but they were never even here. I felt guilty making them pay rent. I just wish that fixing cars didn't require climbing under them.

It'd been two and half months since the last time I'd seen Don and about three weeks since I last heard from him. It was like he didn't even bother to call anymore. It was 1977 and he acted like telephones weren't a thing.

I huffed as I stretched my arms back, cracking the bones in my shoulders.

I listened to 'Doctor In My Eyes' playing continuously on repeat as I made my way throughout the apartment and to the kitchen.

Our whole settlement here wasn't big but it didn't need to be. It kept us warm when it was cold and it shielded us from the rain. That's all we needed at the Frey-Henley residents.

I turned on the coffee maker and softly whistled to the song as I walked to my closet as well. Don and I shared, as we both didn't have many clothes to began with, and I liked to wear his things.

I slowly pulled out one of his flannels as if it was fragile. I mean it wasn't the only thing that felt like that in this room.

The past couple months I haven't spoken to anyone really, not unless I needed to. I just didn't feel like answering people's questions about the Eagles I knew they were gonna ask. I didn't need people bringing something up I didn't want to talk about. I was mad at them for not being here. I didn't care how stupid it sounded.

All they did anymore was tour. I understood that it's what they had to do but even in their free time, they were never really here. That last day two and half months ago, Don didn't even kiss me.

It sucked, feeling as if you were the only one left in your little world as everyone else has ran for the hills.

I quickly slid on a pair of torn up jeans with an old Doors shirt I'd found laying around a while ago and threw on Don's flannel. Hell, if he wasn't here to wear, someone would have too.

I walked into the kitchen to grab my coffee and started off to work.

Thank god Glenn left the keys for Glades, his old car. I mean if he knew I was driving it he'd kill me but it got me to work faster.

I stepped into the chilly March morning as I looked up at the sunrise.

"It's another tequila sunrise, starin' slowly across the sky... Said goodbye," I whispered to myself, as I took a deep breath and got in the front seat of the car.

The car ride wasn't bad expect for the usual LA traffic, and the Eagles coming on every radio station there was. I was tired of it. I mean, holy shit, they were amazing, but still. It was more like 'Welcome to the prison California, such a lovely place.'

The car service place I worked at was close to wear we lived and only a couple miles from the Troubadour. And if you haven't heard of the Troubadour, you haven't lived.

As I arrived I was shocked to see the line of people already here at 6:30 in the morning.

"Cyn, getting going!" One of my regulars, John, said referring to his car.