Manik's background

Before proceeding to the next chapter, it's important to know Manik's background. As the next chapter will be based on his point of view.

Manik was adopted by Nyonika and Raj Malhotra when he was 12 years old. His biological parents left him in an orphanage in Delhi. Nyonika and Raj already had a daughter but they wished to have more children. So they decided to adopt Manik. After few years in Delhi they decided to move to Mumbai.  He meant the world to Nyonika and Raj but there was always a part of him that was hurting, which they were aware of.

He stayed with them till he was 20 but then decided to move out as he didn't want to take Mukti's share of affection. He made an excuse saying that he wanted to become independent and stand on his own feet.  Raj and Nyonika where proud of his decision but they didn't want him to leave their house. But he was stubborn and moved out. He started working in a different company as he wanted to do something on his own and not use the power of his father's name. He worked in another company for 5 years when one day Raj suffered from heart attack. He survived but was asked to take a complete bed rest. Therefore all the responsibility were now on Manik. Mukti completed her studies and also joined Malhotra Industries as a co-owner.

There were no problems in his life, yet he was an unhappy person. He had family, yet he was lonely. The whole day would pass by, but the nights pulled him into an unknown darkness. His parents tried a lot to make him happy from within but they failed at all their attempts.

There was nothing that Manik wanted from his life. His one and only goal in life was the happiness of his family. He could do anything for them, he could happily die or take a life if necessary.