Chapter 37

Introducing new character till the wedding drama.

Soha Singhania
🔺Navya's long distance relative.
🔺Not evil as in the show.
🔺Just attracted to Manik.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

Manik was just about to go behind Nandani, when he bumps into a girl.

"Oppps...I am so sorry." Manik said trying to leave but she called out.

"Excuse me...You can't get away from this just because you are hot." Soha said in a seductive tone.

"Excuse me?" Manik was shocked at her statement. This was probably the first time he was being hit on.

"You are excused but just for now. See you around." Soha said and walked away.

"Weird." Manik whispered to himself and again continued walking in Nandani's direction.

Nandani's POV
How could I get carried away like this. And how come he is behaving so calmly. After what I had done...He didn't even lose his cool once. I guess mom was right, he has changed, changed for me. Am I doing the right thing by pushing him away? But his accident? I can't be having two things going on in my mind right now. I need to stand strong on one thing. I should get into the function.

Just when I turned back I saw the Monster leaning onto the door of this room, smirking at me. He looked terrific at the moment. I don't know if other girls found it hot when guys stood like that and that smirk was like a cherry on top. He was hypnotising me with his constant glare. Don't know what happened that he seductively started walking towards me. I couldn't help but walk behind. What was he going to do.

Manik's POV
I saw her standing in front of the mirror and convincing herself on something. Then she turned to perhaps leave but stood still as she saw me. She was beautiful, more beautiful then any angel from the heaven above. My eyes fell on her reflection in the mirror, her string had gotten lose. I walked closer but it seemed my presence had affected her a lot more than I had expected, perhaps I could tease her a little.

Nandani's POV
I stopped walking backwards as my back banged into the chair behind, but he didn't stop. He stood really close, so close that he could probably hear my thumping heartbeat. I could control my mind but how could I control my body. He bend down a little towards me and I to had to  bend due to the closeness, but he didn't touch me. I couldn't understand the new sensations emerging in my body, was I craving for his touch? Just then I felt one of his finger run through my bare back. I closed my eyes, feeling each sensation he was giving me. I could feel his other hand as well, perhaps he was tying my string of the dress. I could no longer feel his touch so I opened my eyes but his face was right in front of me. He smirked again as he saw the effect he had on me and perhaps he was teasing me. He stood so close but did not touch me as he usually would. He then went closer to my ear and whispered, "You look so beautiful today." I was now sure that he was trying to tease me by being so close so that I, myself would give in to him.

I placed my palms on his chest and pushed him back. "So now that you couldn't forcefully make me stay, you are trying all these cheap tricks?" I knew he would blow up now as I had hurt his sensitive area, his ego. But surprisingly a smile played on his lips.

He held my elbow and pulled me right into his face. "What do you think, that you will push me away with these hurtful words of yours? Then stop trying Nandani, because I will not stop till I crack this wall that you have created between us. I know you are hurt, and I will give you time to heal but till then I will always be around you. I also know that anything you do to hurt me will hurt you back more. And don't expect me to back off. There will be some way that I can convince you, and I will find it, soon. Till then carry on with this drama that you are putting on." Manik said and walked out of the room.

Why is this happening? I don't deserve this much love. He just wants me and all I am giving him is pain. Should I tell him why I left him, maybe then he would understand and stop doing all this. But what if he doesn't and convinces me instead. No..no. I remember when  I asked mom if she believes in superstitions or not. And I also remember what she had said, 'She didn't believe in them but if it was related to dad then she wanted to believe because she loved him'. I too love him and I will never want anything to hurt him. I just have to keep strong and face him.

Everyone had left as the engagement had ended and everyone enjoyed so much to. They all complimented about Manik to me, he really was a gem of a person. If only we had met with other circumstances then things would have been different. But it's too late now. It was only us; Manik, Navya, Cabir, Mukti, Aaliya, Dhruv and Aryaman in the hall around a round table having our dinner. The adults were upstairs, perhaps discussing for the other events.

Manik had grabbed the chance and sat next to me while Navya sat on the other side. I knew Manik would try to do something and he did. He held my right hand. I tried and tried to get my hand out but he just didn't let go. I wanted to break down with all the frustration building up inside me. Manik, the person I loved, loved me back but we can't be together, why? Because I loved him. Perhaps if I still hated him then I would have never left him.
This was it! "Manik, leave my hand otherwise I will just create a scene, right in front of your friends." I threatened but he was unaffected.

"Go ahead. But I don't see the problem here. A husband is holding his wife's hand, what's the problem?" Manik said while eating his food.

But before I could get back to him Aaliya spoke," so guys lets plan something for sangeet. Nandani, why don't you choreograph our dances? In fact let's have girls v/s boys dance face off. What say?"

"Cool, it sounds fun. But there is a problem. We are 4 girls while there is only 3 boys. How will they win?" Mukti said and laughed out.

"There are 4 boys, what are you saying Mukti?" Aryaman asked.

"Aryaman, how can a Monster dance." I interrupted them and passed a sarcastic comment at Manik. Everyone just looked at me in an astonishment. Well I did sound rude compared to how it played in my head but whatever. I don't know what got into me that I stood up and pushed my full plate into the table and walked away. My life was just a pure mess.

Manik's POV
She just erupted and walked away. Nobody knew what was happening except for Navya and Mukti.

"I am sorry Manik." Mukti said as she knew that I could loss my cool but I didn't.

I just looked down as I registered one more failed attempt in my head. But I smiled and looked at everyone. "It's cool Mukti. I guess she won't crack that fast."

"Guys, what's happening?" Cabir asked.

"It's enough Manik. She just can't be behaving like this. I have noticed quite sometime during the ceremony. You are sorry, then why is she making things uglier?" Navya said.

"Navya she needs time. And it's not her fault. I had started it, so let me handle this my way." I replied to Navya.

"But Manik, I don't know why she is doing all this when I know she too wants you." Navya said.

"Did she say that?" I hopefully asked, expecting a positive reply from her.

"She didn't tell me but I know her. She might have changed in these few years but she still has the same essence in her. I can tell." Navya said breaking my hope.

I looked at the rest who just listened to our conversation not knowing anything. But I was too tired to explain anything. "Guys it's a long story. They will tell you. Right now I just need to get some sleep. Mukti please can you come with mom and dad. I will take the other car." I asked. Mukti nodded and I left grabbing the car keys from her.

I knew she was hurt but when will this end? When will she be sitting next to me in this car, willingly? But I will keep trying. I need her, because I love her.