Chapter 41

Nandani's POV
I looked up and saw the best surprise of my life. Rishab! He was on his feet. I instantly stood up and hugged him. "Rishab....You can stand of your own feet.!!!" I broke the hug and saw him holding onto the bed.

"I can stand, but with support!" Rishab said but looked a little sad.

But my happiness was beyond it's limits. The treatment was working and at least he was able to stand on his own feet. "Rishab....this is so amazing. But how come Doctor never told me?" I wondered and said it out loud.

"Actually jiju, wanted me to surprise you on your birthday so he said that I should keep it a secret and I think he even told Dr. Mehta to not tell you about it." Rishab said. I felt even more worse and tears again started to make its way. "What happened Akka, even jiju, seemed to be a little upset. Did you guys fight?" Rishab asked.

"Your Akka is the worst person. I made such a big mistake and hurt your 'Jiju' so much. Now I think he is really angry at me and he might not even talk or look at my face anymore." I said being all cute as I think about Manik.

"Well Akka, it's so simple. Just kiss and make up. Isn't that's how it works between couples?" Rishab said.

I chuckled at his suggestions and asked him, "Where are you learning all this from?"

"TV, I watch all the match making and love advice shows." He joked as well.

I made him sit on his bed and sat next to him. "I think it might not work out because I have hurt him a little bit more this time." I said being lost in Manik's thoughts.

"Hmmm....Then be normal with him, as if nothing has happened. Maybe this way you can at least get him talking to you and then when it's the right time apologise for your mistakes and he will surely forgive you." Rishab suggested.

I couldn't believe to be hearing such mature advice coming from my little brother. "So my little brother has become so big.!! Such mature stuff...!" I said and ruffled his hair and smiled.

Manik's POV
I know that Nandani would definitely visit Rishab today, so it's better if I stay away and let them be together. They need to sort out a lot between them, maybe it could pave a way for us too. But that doesn't mean I am not upset and angry with her. Besides we are going to be seeing each other at the cocktail party tonight. And I also have a very important guest coming up at the party tonight so I need to focus on that too. It will be really beneficial for our business if he agrees for the merger.

Just before Cocktail party.....
Nandani's POV
"Have you gone mad Navya.. I am not wearing this! It's backless." I said as I saw myself in the mirror.

"Nandani, this is the dress code for the party and you will have to. And you are looking so hot, Manik will totally lose it." Navya said.

"You think he will even look at me after the mess I had created." I sadly pouted and asked.

"Of course he will, he might be a little angry with you but he loves you. And if you love someone then you can't really stay angry on them for long. So cheer up and be ready to attack Manik with your looks." Navya encouraged me.

I was a little nervous. Manik and my friends have seen me but then our families will also be around. What would they think about me.

At the Cocktail party.....
Manik's POV
"Mr Ram Sehgal, it is our pleasure that you have agreed for this collaboration. I promise that we will only take you through the ladder of success. Welcome to Malhotra Industries." I say as I shake my hands with him.

"I am sure you will stick to your words and we are more than......." He stopped and looked behind me. I wonder what made him stop so I followed his gaze and turned around to find my beautiful wife, well I am angry at her right now so ignore! I quickly turned back so that she doesn't see me but Mr Sehgal seemed to have gotten lost in her..!! My wife.!! She surely was looking stunning but nobody had the right to look at her like that, not even herself. Only I was allowed!