Chapter 20

Nandani's POV
I can't believe the management has asked for an advance. I know I delayed the payment by 3 months but I eventually paid everything off. Now Advance! I also have to pay Manik. Where will I get so much money from? I can't even go for my part time job. What will Manik's parents think. Why is there a new problem waiting for me everyday. I even need money to go onto the trip. Should I not go on the trip. But then again Manik's parents will doubt our relationship. I have worked for 15 days so I should go ask for half salary and also resign. At least there will be enough for the trip and shopping I will do some other time. I do have some clothes, I think I will manage with those. After Manik comes out of the bathroom, I will ask for his permission.
End of POV

Manik's POV
While changing his clothes....
She really is in financial trouble, otherwise why would she not ask for her advance for shopping. I should help her, after all she is helping me cover up my mistake from mom and dad. But I know she will never take my help. What should I do. Think Mr Malhotra, think. I mean Manik....... IDEA!!
End of POV

Manik got out of the bathroom and then thought of putting his plan in action when Nandani interrupted his though process. "Mr Malhotra, I need to go to the restaurant. Can you please cover up for me."

Manik then realised that this was going to be difficult to lie to his parents everyday. "But Nandani I won't be able to cover up everyday, you know what I mean."

"Don't worry I am going to resign today itself." Nandani said as she left the room.

Manik's POV
I was stunned as she was breaking the image I had created of her in my head, or perhaps she had already destroyed it. I could believe that despite being in such a huge financial crisis, she still was quitting her job. Why? So that my mom and dad don't find out about us. Why is she caring so much about my family and I guess me? Now I will definitely help her, she wants it or not.
End of POV

Manik goes downstairs and finds Mukti and Nyonika chilling in the lounge watching television. He knew this was the perfect time to begin with his plan so he went down and sat next to Nyonika.

"Beta where is Nandani? Ask her to join us as well." Nyonika asked Manik.

"Mom, she has gone to invite her friend for the trip. Don't worry she will be back soon." Manik handled the situation. "By the way Mukti, aren't you going for shopping. I mean we are going to Shimla for a week, I am sure you need new clothes." Manik laid his plan.

"You are right Manik, I do need to shop. I guess I will go tomorrow." Mukti said.

"Okay but please don't buy Indian stuff. I mean please don't wear indian dresses for the outing like Nandani." Manik said.

"What do you mean like Nandani?" Nyonika asked.

"Have you seen her wardrobe, it's full of Indian outfits or the office ones. So I was just advising her not to follow Nandani fashion sense."

Mukti's POV
What if Manik doesn't like Nandani wearing those clothes. No I can't let this happen. I will take Nandani for shopping as well.
"I will take Nandani with me for shopping, then you will see." I said.
End of POV

Manik was surprised to see Mukti fall for it rather then Nyonika. But he was happy that now Nandani will not be able to say no.

"Mukti, here take my credit card. You can use this." Manik offered.

Mukti smiled as she knew it was for Nandani so she took it without any arguments.

At the restaurant in Harshad's cabin.........
"Please sir, I really need this money. You can't do this." Nandani pleaded to Harshad.