Chapter 15

As it was 6:00, Nandani waited outside the office for a rickshaw so she could go to her next job when Manik's car stopped in front of her.

"Come I will drop you." Manik offered his help

"It's ok Manik, you will have to go in the opposite direction." Nandani said bending down and looking at Manik.

"I am not asking you, I am telling you." Manik said being the usual him.

Nandani stood up straight when a smile played on her lips. "I can't believe that I am smiling even when he is being bossy. Few days back I would have declared WW3 if he had spoken to me like that." Nandani thought as she opened the door and sat inside.

"Just show me the directions and I will take you." Manik replied.

As per Nandani's guidance, Manik took her right in front of the entrance of the restaurant. But by now Manik's facial expressions had changed.

"Do you work here?" He said as he pointed towards the restaurant.

"Ya.....Thanks for dropping me."

Nandani then tried to get out when Manik's sudden change in his tone surprised her. "Don't open the door!"

"What happened Mr Malhotra?" Nandani asked.

"You cannot work at this place. Look for another job." Manik said as his anger was clearly visible in his tone.

"What!! And why is that so Mr Malhotra?"

"Because, I am telling you. This place is not for you.It's dangerous to work here." Manik's anger was now rising.

"Mr Malhotra, you can't stop me from working like this. And why should I listen to you, when you have been the most dangerous thing in my life currently." Nandani said as she was unable to understand his reaction.

"Fine, then do whatever you want to do. And GET OUT of my car." Manik screamed scaring the hell out of Nandani.

Nandani was hurt by his behaviour and stomped out of the car while Manik drove off too his house.

"The moment when I finally feel that he is not so bad, he just has to prove me wrong in the very next moment. Why is he so difficult to understand? And suddenly why did he behave so rudely? I can't keep up with his moods." Nandani thought as she stepped into the restaurant.

Manik reached his house in anger and started throwing anything that came in his way.

Manik's POV
Why can't she listen to me for once god dammit! I know what type of a person Harshad is......

Flash back
Manik was slapping Harshad in front of the whole office and staff members.

"How dare you try and molest my employe! I pay you for work and not these cheap things you do in this office. I was so impressed with you that I had even thought of promoting you as the head managing  Director of this company. But it's good that your real face came in front of me. Now get out of this place NOW!" Manik screamed at Harshad.

"Mr-Manik-Malhotra, you didn't do the right thing by choosing to believe this stupid ordinary employee of yours rather then me." Harshad said with evilness.

"I myself saw you forcing on her Harshad." Manik said as he held him by his collar.

Harshad pushed Manik away. "Whatever, but remember one thing Mr-Manik-Malhotra, one day you will also pay for insulting me like this in front everyone. And that day I will make sure you beg in front of me." Harshad said wiping few drops of blood that had appeared by his nose due to the fight. "I won't leave you! I won't leave you." Harshad chanted as he left the office.
Flash back ends

He hasn't done anything to me so far but what if he does something to Nandani. What if he tries to misbehave with Nandani as well. Why can't she understand me for once. But I should have stopped her, I should have controlled my anger. As if she would agree if I had told her. Let me send my bodyguard to keep an eye on her. So that in case he did something to her someone will be around to save her. I don't trust Harshad at all. Let me call him now.

"Yes sir," Virat said as he answered my call.

"Virat I want to you leave to Ashoka restaurant now and keep an eye on Nandani. If someone tries to harm her, I want you to protect her and call me immediately. But make sure she doesn't see you." I explained to him.

"Yes sir." Virat said as he ended the call.

Am I really the most dangerous thing in her life at the moment? Does she fear me?
End of POV

Manik was pacing around in his room as Nandani had still not arrived today. Usually she would be back by 12:45 but today it was already 2:00 am and she had not returned. He couldn't take it anymore and called Virat to know about her whereabouts.

"Virat where are you? Why haven't you guys returned by now? Is everything ok?" Manik asked anxiously.

"Yes sir, everything is fine. Actually ma'am had gone inside a building since a long. I don't really know what place this is but if I followed her in she would have found out. So I am waiting outside for her." Virat informed him.

Manik thought for a while as to where would she go during this time? Just when he was about to cut of his call Virat spoke. "Sir, she just stepped out with someone. I guess we will be coming home soon."

"Who someone?" Manik asked as he was surprised.

"A boy, perhaps your age. Should I find out about him sir?" Virat asked.

"No no...There is no need....But wait can you click a picture and send it to me?" Manik placed his command.

"Yes sir." Virat signed off.

After a few second, Manik received a picture of Nandani.

Nandani was all smiling as if she was having the time for her life with this new boy

Nandani was all smiling as if she was having the time for her life with this new boy. Manik seemed to be hurt or rather jealous to see someone with Nandani.But being the hard hearted Manik how could he easily accept that. Manik was not able to sleep so he went downstairs to his bar and grabbed a drink. Just as he was about to finish the drink, Nandani walked in. Manik had given her a spare key so that he didn't have to wake up at midnight.

Nandani was surprised to see Manik awake at this time. So she moved towards him and asked as she was worried about him. "You awake at this time? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything is good. You tell me, where were you all this while?" Manik asked to see how she would respond to his questions.

Nandani thought for a while and replied, "Actually, the restaurant was pretty busy today so got a little late."

Manik looked at her face in shock as he did not except her to lie to him. He was now truly hurt by her response. "Yeah it must have been very busy." Manik said as he sipped in last few drops of his drink.

Nandani felt a little change in his behaviour and waited for him to say something else. But then she noticed the pillows were all over the lounge and a little vase had broken in the corner of the house. She placed all the pillows on there places and moved towards the broken vase when Manik called out to her. "Leave that, the maid will clean in the morning. Besides you should go sleep as you were quite bussssy today." Manik said emphasising his words in annoyance.

Nandani sensed that something was going on in his mind but ignored in and walked inside her room.