Chapter 39

Nandani's POV
He just left.......
Why is this getting so complicated. The reason I left Manik was because I was hurting him but by staying away I am hurting him even more. How can he even think that I will want to move on, move on with Aryaman. Only if he knew that there is only one person in my heart and that person will be there forever, till my last breath. Today again, I felt as if I had lost my parents.

"Nandani, are you okay?" Aryaman brought me out of my trance as I still hoped he would return back.

"Have you gone mad or what? How can you even think about me like that. I am married to that man who just walked out.!" I was angry at him.

"I always had those feelings for you, since the time I saw you in the ashram. But I could never confess. Then in Shimla I got to know that you are married. An idiot can also see there is nothing between you too. He just married you for the sake of his sister and now you two are pretending." Aryaman said and tried to hold me by my shoulders but I jerked him away.

"I am not pretending! I love Manik and I will always love him. And whatever is happening between us is between us, you shouldn't be bothered about it. For me you were always a friend and will remain a friend only if you keep aside your feelings. Never had I ever given you wrong signals, then how can you...... I am sorry Aryaman, but I never expected this from you." I said and left his there.

I went in my room and just crashed. I knew I had to speak to Manik about all this, I mean I wanted Manik to get away from my life but I didn't want him to hate me. And he needed to cool down to, It's Navya's mehndi ceremony tomorrow. So will try and talk to him then. But should I? If I try and explain then I might end up confessing my true feelings. No no no....I will be back to square one. Maybe I should just stay quite about all this. Manik will distant himself away from me then. What am I thinking!!

On the Mehndi day....
I am waiting since the last 2 hours for Manik, but I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to explain anything. If he hated me then let it be. I just wanted to see if he was okay and didn't end up doing anything wrong to himself. Was he even going to come? Mukti and Aaliya dragged me and got me to have mehndi on my hands. The lady asked me if I wanted to get someone's name on my hand. At first I denied but then I heard a voice from the back.

"Make an 'A'. She is just shy that's why refusing." I turned around and found Manik winking at me and smiling like an idiot.

"No, I don't want anything." I turned back to my first position.

"Miss Murty, you don't have to be so shy. You have loved him so now what's the need to hide it?" Manik came in front of me and taunted me again with that stupid smile on his face.

"I am done with this... I will leave." I wanted to fire back and Manik but I knew that it will instigate him further so I thought of just running away, as usual.

"But ma'am...." I heard the lady call out to me but I just wanted to get out of this world.

I went near the drinks counter to get some water but I realised that I had mehndi on both my hands. I tried picking the glass from my lower arm but it failed. Just then a hand popped out from the back and held the glass till my mouth. I wanted to see who it was so instead I turned around. It was Manik!

"Oh wait, let me call Aryaman. Now you won't be able to take it from anyone else right.!" He again taunted me with a smile on his face. I knew he was angry at me but then him constantly connecting me with Aryaman is make me furious too. I again ignored it and walked away.

During the whole function Manik kept on doing the same things again and again. I knew he was angry and perhaps this was the way he had found to vent it all out. When Aryaman came he would make me stand next to him and kept connecting the smallest things to him. The whole gang must have wondered what was happening but neither dared to ask as they knew something was up with Manik.

The function was finally over but there was dinner for the close relatives and friends. Our gang as usual found an empty room and settled with food. But the girls were obviously having problems. Or maybe just me. The other girls had their partners to feed them while I just struggled to eat. I looked at Manik for hope but it was next to impossible.

"Aryaman, your girl is struggling to feed herself. Go help her." Manik said it out loud enough for the whole gang to hear him. But this surly was getting on my nerves now.

Aryaman just didn't move from his place because he too wasn't able to understand what was happening. "Stop looking at me and feed her with your own hands." Manik stood up from his chair and made Aryaman stand right next to the place I sat.

"Why are you guys feelings so shy. Let me help you." Manik forcefully held Aryaman's hand and made him hold the spoon full of rice. "Now put it in her mouth." Manik held his hand right in front of my mouth. I looked around and found everyone staring at us not knowing a thing. I didn't want to create a scene so I ignore his hand and turned to walk.

"Miss Murty, oh come on. Your boyfriend is feeding you with so much love then how can you walk away like this." Manik held my one hand and stopped me. It was enough now, I couldn't take it anymore. The whole day he kept on doing the same thing but not my level of tolerance is over.

I turned around and slapped his left cheek with my right hand. "He is not my boyfriend, I don't love him. I love you god dammit." Yes he deserved the slap but I deserved one to for blabbing out the truth. What did I just say. I didn't even realise when my hand had held him by his collar and my eyes were dripping with tears. The moment I realised I left him and walked away. No no no....did I just confess?