Chapter 16

The night was longer then usual for Manik, he twisted and turned in his bed but sleep was far away. He wondered why Nandani had lied to him. The obvious reason he got was that of her character. He had already created this image of Nandani in his head and this matter was just adding to it. But one thing was different, and that was his behaviour. He was angry because he was jealous but how could he had possibly figured it out. He again looked at the picture and fumed but he thought of handling this with calmness. What if what he thinks is wrong.

The next morning....
Malhotra Mansion

Mukti was trying to call someone. She called him again and again but he didn't answer..just then her phone rang.

"Saale! Why weren't you picking up my calls?" Mukti furiously asked.

"Wow....No hello, hi, were you missing me that much kya. Abhi ko chod diya kya?" He responded as he laughed.

"Enough of jokes yaar Cabir, I have called you for something important. When are you coming back?" Mukti asked.

"My leave is finishing tomorrow so I will be home today and in office tomorrow morning." Cabir replied.

"Great. I really need your help. So I will explain everything tomorrow. But I am sure you will enjoy it." Mukti said as she was excited.

"I only enjoy troubling Manik so what is this new thing?"

"It's not new. It's about Manik." Mukti replied.

"Really, what help do you need regarding Manik?" Cabir asked as he was surprised.

"I want to see your reaction so I will tell you tomorrow only. But I am sure the wait will be worth while. He has done something none of us had ever expected."

"Really!! Fine then see you tomorrow." Cabir signed off as Mukti to got ready to leave for the office.

In the Office.....
There was awkwardness in Manik's office. He handed her the work and they both got busy on their respective places. Although Nandani did expect him to be a little less colder as she recalled their past moments. But to her surprise he was completely ignoring her. He was behaving as if she was a stranger. However she also ignored his presences and got busy in her work. While Manik tried hard to concentrate on his work and ignore her. But he kept stealing few glances here and there.

The day passed by. Nandani headed towards the restaurant while Manik drove himself home.

Manik sat on a stood by his bar.

Manik's POV
It's 11:30 pm.....Will she go again today to meet that guy. If she does then there will surly be something between them. Otherwise who meets so late at night. Let me ask Virat. Wait what will he think about me? Let me just go and see myself.

I waited outside Ashoka restaurant, a little far so that Nandani could not see me. But what I don't understand is to why am I doing all this. Why should it matter to me if she is with someone else. She is not my wife and all this is just a bloody drama. But what was the harm on keeping an eye on her, besides she had lied to me yesterday. Just then Nandani walked out and called up for a taxi. She sat in and started to drive off when a car also started to follow her. It was Virat. However I followed them both while we all stopped by an old building, perhaps the same place Virat spoke about yesterday. So I was right she came again to meet him. Today I will find out what is between them.

I waited almost for an hour when Nandani came running out. I couldn't make out of the situation as I was a little to far. But she placed her palms on her face, just then that guy came running as well. He held her palms with his hands and started speaking with her. If I could kill someone and get away then he would surely be the first one. How could he ever hold Nandani's hands. But just in few seconds, Nandani hugged him and he hugged her back. I couldn't see it anymore. They looked so peaceful with each other.

Manik drove to his house and waited to confront Nandani.

It's already 30 mins after I returned and she still has not come. Today she will have to tell me the truth. Just then Nandani entered.

"So....late again?" I asked very very calmly.

She looked at me in surprise. "Yeah, it was quite busy at the restaurant." Nandani answered but to my surprise she shouldn't very low and dishearten.

Her tone made me worry for her. All my anger just vanished. "What happened? Did something happen at the restaurant? Did he try to hurt you?" I walked closer to her as I spoke.

She looked into my eyes as maybe she was shocked to she these new feelings that I had recently developed. "Nothing happened, just a little tired. But who are you talking about." She asked without breaking the eye lock.

I realised I almost spoke about Harshad. I looked away and walked into my room without answering or looking at her for once.

I thought: What am I doing. If she is with someone then I shouldn't be bothered about it. She is just helping me to buy some time till I can tell dad the truth. And she herself told me that I am the most dangerous thing in her life. Then why am I running behind her like this? It's her life and till she doesn't harm my family or me, I shouldn't interfere in her life. And these new emotions will last for few days and then go away, so I shouldn't think much.
End of POV

Nandani's POV
I have been so busy with Rishab's matter for few days that I haven't even gone to see Mom and Dad. Maybe I should pay a visit to them tomorrow. But why was the Monster behaving like this today. In fact from the last 2 days, he has been behaving like this? Did I do something that I was not supposed to? Ahh....but he is always in the monster mode. But something is surely wrong otherwise he wouldn't be like this.

The next day.......
The Malhotra Mansion

"Oh so you did remember me?" Mom said to me cutely faking the anger.

"Mom, I am so sorry. I was so busy with all the office work. But now I am here na. Please don't be angry with me." I pleaded.

She smiled and looked at me. "I know beta you must have been busy. And that is why I am not angry with you. But I just wanted to say thank you to you. Because of you Manik at least spent one night here."

"Mom don't worry, we will do something so that he has to stay here with you forever." I assured mom.

"I know beta you will, because you promised me. And I trust you more than anyone. But what will you do?"

I thought for a while and replied, "Mom, I......" But before I could say anything, my eyes fell on the door. It was Manik. He was fuming in anger, so I guess he had heard everything.

Mom also looked at him and was scared as she felt she was losing this chance yet again of bringing him back. But before I could say anything, he slammed the door and walked out. I was about to follow him when mom held my hand.

"Beta, please take care of him. I know he will be very hurt to know all this. And when he is hurt, his anger speaks. But promise me, you won't leave him." Mom said as a lone tear escaped her eye.

I wiped the tear and insured her that I will handle. "Mom, don't worry, I am there. And I know very well how to handle his anger. Mom please just trust me with what I am going to do now." I asked for permission.

"You don't need to ask, I already trust you. But just handle him please." I nodded my head and walked out to handle my so called 'husband' monster.