Chapter 14

Nandani's POV
I gave in to stay here but what will happen now. The monster and me in one room? Shit, what's going to happen. Does he even realise what situation we are in? He is just walking towards his room. What should I do now?
End of POV

Manik walked towards his room followed by Nandani.

Manik's POV
Nandani is impossible, what was the need to agree with mom? And what's wrong with Mom, all these years she never insisted for me to stay back and now. These women are a mystery to understand. As I stood by the entrance of my room, I hesitated to open the door. Obviously, I haven't been here for almost like 6 years now and I wonder how it must be.

I slowly open the door and walked inside while Nandani followed me in. My eyes widen in shock to see everything just like how it used to be. My games, my trophies and the guitar. The poster on the wall were still there. I wondered who possibly would have taken care on this room. As I walk more into the room, memories of my childhood flash in front of me. Me and Mukti pillow fighting, Mom running after me with a glass of milk and dad busy gaming with me. Those were truly the days. I missed it, I had always missed being in this place. Maybe I should thank Nandani for this, as if she hadn't agreed to stay then I would have never been able to relive all of this. To disturb my chain of thoughts Mukti called from behind.

"Nandani here, take this. I hope they will be fine." Mukti said as she handed few clothes to Nandani. "Manik, If you want then Nandani can stay with me in my room."

I was shocked when she asked me this question. In the excitement of coming here, I had completely forgotten that we will be sharing a room. Shit, the more I try to run away the more closer we get. How could I possibly answer this question, when I, myself did know what I wanted. I looked at Nandani so she could answer. She took few seconds and then answered. "No Mukti. Mom....I mean Aunty and Uncle's room is just next to ours. What if somehow she finds out the truth. What will she go through. And don't worry about me, it's just a matter of one night. We will manage."

Nandani's words got me thinking I instantly agreed as I didn't want to hurt Mom or Dad. Mukti to understood and she left us alone.

"I will go change," Nandani said and walked towards the bathroom.

"Listen hurry up, even I want to use the washroom." I said.

She nodded and left. While I looked for a place in the room where the other person could sleep. There was no couch in the room so the other person had to sleep on the floor. It was already 20 minutes but Nandani had still not come out.

Nandani's POV
What it this? How can I wear this and go in front of Manik. But I can't be wearing jeans to sleep. Let me just change.

I had changed from so long but how could I go out like this. Never in my life had I ever worn such short stuff. And on top of that I have to go in front of the Monster.

"Nandani, are you planning to sleep in tonight. Can you please hurry up." Manik screamed from outside of the room.

It's ok Nandani, Mukti is always wearing such clothes in front of Manik. In fact he must have seen many girls in shorter clothes then this. I wouldn't make a difference to him. Let me just go.

End of POV

Nandani hesitated but walked out of the bathroom.