Chapter 52

SORRY...!!! :( I am so sorry for such a delayed update. I moved to Canada so couldn't get the time to type it all out. Anyways, thank you for keeping your hopes on me and giving me my time :) Love you all <3

Nandani's POV
"Manik what's wrong?" I asked but he wouldn't answer and just then the car stops. I look out to find it parked outside a hospital. Something was so wrong. The next moment I turn around to look at Manik but I find him storming out of the car. I ran behind him and then figured out what this was all about. Dad, he was lying in the stretcher being pushed away by two ward boys.

"Dad...dad...." was all Manik could say. Mom was in tears not able to see Dad in the condition and Mukti remained silent.

"Manik, beta...." Dad was trying to speak while having a difficult time breathing.

"No dad, please...don't say anything at the moment." Manik said.

"Manik, I have to tell you a truth that I have been hiding all these years. Please, just let me speak." Dad said the whole sentence with great difficulty.

"You guys need to wait here..." The ward boys said to us as we reach outside the ICU.

"No..." Dad said in a louder tone, trying to get up.

"Dad please...." Manik said to stop him but he remained adamant.

"Just give me five minutes, I....I promise, then I won't stop you." He said while his condition worsens.

"Fine dad, 5 mins...." Manik said with a little anger in his tone because of his behaviour.

"I know, it's time for me. So I have to tell you this secret which I have suffered keeping it all inside me from all these years. You....are not yet an orphan. I am your father, biological father. Nyonika, he is mine and Sujata's son. She died years ago so I had to bring him into our family. I am so so sorry for lying to you all these years about this. And Manik, please forgive m....." Dad couldn't say a word further as his breathing fasten and just in the next few minutes, he stopped....completely.

"Dad...."Manik softly called out but there was no response from him. "Dad...." He screamed and held him by his shoulders but it was too late.

"He is no more.." The ward boys said and mom's tears dried up. She was in a shock. Mukti couldn't stop crying. Manik was trying to be brave but I knew what his heart must be going through at this moment. And me....I was going through the same pain all over again. "We will have to do the post morton, till then you guys finish the formalities."

"Hmm..." Manik said and walked away from the place. He is keeping everything in once again, this was not going to help. He needs me but first we need to take care of the situation.

Mom, Mukti and I stayed at home while the men went out and to complete everything. By evening all the rituals and the cremation was completed. Mom and Mukti went in their rooms and I waited out in the lounge for Manik to come back. I wanted to be with Mom and Mukti, but I guess they needed sometime to themselves. And Manik, he was trying to be brave but I know he was the weakest of them all. As long as Manik was with me, I was fine. I can't believe, Manik's love has made me this strong. Just then I saw Manik entering in slowly. He raised his faces and our eyes met. I could clearly see they were calling out for me. He needed me. He took a standstill  perhaps gathering all the courage to be brave and keep it within. But I start walking towards him, hoping to stop him and get it all out. Just then his eyes shifted from mine to somewhere else. I stop and follow his gaze to see Mom and Mukti, with bags in their hand, walking towards the door.

"Mom, Mukti....where are you guys going?" Manik ran towards them and asked.

"Manik, please....we can't stay in this house with you anymore. Don't create a scene and let us go." Mukti said with a blank face.

Manik's POV
"But Mukti, suddenly why..." I asked like an helpless soul.

"Raj and I fell in love, we got married and were a perfect happy couple. Then he went to Delhi for some business trip. He came back after a week but started behaving differently. This continued for almost a year and then on one fine day, he comes up to me and tells me that he made a mistake. He was forced to drink, and in that state he ended up having physical rela.... with someone. At first I couldn't forgive him, but then eventually gave up. But as they say that once a thread is broken, even if it gets back, it leaves knots. Just like that, our relationship had knots in it. I had Mukti in my life. Slowly things started to get better between us...one day Raj brought you in our lives. Everything changed, it became normal. We became a happy family once again. And now...I get to know that you are his mistake.......I don't hate you, but every time I look at you, I recall all those years again and again. Now that even Raj has gone, I can't even blame anyone for this situation. So it would be better if I move out." Mom said, reflecting each emotions as speaks her heart out.

"But Mo.....This is your house. You built this house with dad. If you can't see me, then I will move out. You don't need to leave this place. Please.....for the sake of all the times you considered me as your own. Please." I say, hoping that she is convinced by my words. She doesn't react to my words and stand quietly. Taking her silence as a yes, I turn towards Nandani and ask her. "Let's go Nandani...I will ask the driver to get all our stuff to the penthouse."

"No...why should we leave? This is your house to Manik, you have all the right over dad as much as Mukti does. In fact, none of us have to leave. If Mukti and Mom have problems then we can divide this house in two." Nandani confidently said looking into my eyes. I was not able to believe my ears, were they really Nandani's words?

"What are you saying Nandani? I said let's go....so let's go." I harshly command.

"If you want to go then you can go, I am staying here." Nandani said with utter most arrogance. There were too many emotions building up inside me but my rage was getting out of my control.

"Fine....." I said looking at her for the last time and walked out of the house.

Nandani's POV
"Fine...." He said and walked out. He just walked out once again.

I don't know what he would make out of this situation but I did this so that we could be in this house. Manik needs me equally as much as he need his family right now. I can't let all Manik's happiness go away like this. Manik becomes a completely different person when he is kept away from his family. I don't want that Manik back in him. That is how he was when we first met.

He is in rage, it would not be the right time to talk to him. Maybe tomorrow in office, I will speak to him and convince him about this plan. And I know he will understand, because his happiness lies in all of us and not one of us.

Hope you like the update and please leave your comments about your views on this change of track. Is it a hit or a miss??