LAST: Our New Beginning...

Manik's POV
"Nandani...breath in, breath out...we have almost reached the hospital." I said as I drove through the signals.

"I can't believe 9 months have already passed!" She said breathing heavily. "Manik....we have made it so far....we will make it to the end right?" She asked.

"We will Nandani! By the end of today, we will have our twins with us." I said still focusing onto the road. She was dying with the pain and I drove as fast as possible. I stopped in front of the hospital and carried Nandani in my arms.

"Manik, will you love me less now that I am fat!" She asked out of no where as I walked in.

"Doctor....emergency!!" I called out as I saw Mr Sinha!

"Manik!! Ward boy....get a stretcher now and get her to the operation theatre...."He screamed and came running towards me.. "Manik don't worry, I have called out the doctor too, she will be here in no time. Nandani....calm down...take deep breaths in and out." He said.

I placed Nandani on the stretcher but she still shivered in pain. How I hated seeing her in this condition and the worst part being that I couldn't even help beside trying to calm her down. I held onto her hand and kept patting her forehead till they prepared for her delivery.

"Manik you never answered my question...will you still love me when I will be double my size?" She asked me after being in all that pain.

I laughed at my insecure baby. "I will always love you...even if you get triple your size!" I said, lovingly patting her head.

"Don't be scared Manik....nothing will happen to me!" She said sensing my fears.

"Hope you remember the promise in case something....." I said with a voice cracking.

"Manik...we are ready. Please step out..." The doctor said and I left after kissing her forehead.

As I sat outside the ward, my head started to drown in the pool of fears. What was going to happen in the next moment was scaring me the most. Nothing will make sense to me till I could hold Nandani again in my arms. I felt lifeless! Just then mom and Mukti came running and bombarded me with questions.

"Manik, where is Nandani? How is Nandani? Did the operation start? How long has it been? Is it going to be normal or cesarean?" She asked.

"What??" I said. "What's normal or cesarean??" I asked.

She chuckled and sat next to me. "Sorry....and relax Manik! It's going to be okay. They are methods of delivery. Since they didn't ask I guess it's going to be a normal delivery." She said and side hugged me. I felt better then before to have her on my side. I can never repay Nandani for erasing the gap between us, for making everything back to normal.

"Manik...don't be so tensed! Can you at least breath!" Mukti said but I seamed to have forgotten everything.

Just then our friends came running with balloons, toys and cakes in the boxes perhaps. "Is it a pair of boys or girls or both?" Cabir asked. They truly made me laugh a little but the fears got me again. What if something goes wrong?

It had been four hours now, since Nandani had been into the ward but no news had come out yet. After a while, the doctor came out. "Manik....Nandani is too exhausted to push the babies out. I think we will have to go for cesarean." She said.

"As long as it will not harm Nandani, you can do it." I said being more nervous.

"Okay then, please go to the counter and sign some forms. And don't worry Manik, Nandani and both your babies will be safe and sound." She ensured me.