Chapter 31

Day 6
Manik's POV

I woke Nandani up before everyone else could.

"Nandani, wake up." I said patting softly on her cheeks to wake her up.

"Please let me sleep..." She said with her eyes closed as she lied on her stomach.

"Nandani, please wake up." I say as I continue with the patting.

She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me, "Good Morning Manik." She said and placed her hand on my right cheek. I think she thought that I was in her dreams.

She felt that I was actually present there so she jerked her hand and sat up on her bed. I smiled at the effect I had on her. "Nandani, get ready." She looked at me and nodded. "I am waiting for you outside." She again nodded and it irritated me so I asked her, "Why aren't you speaking?" She acted out that because she hasn't brushed yet she didn't want to speak. Honestly she looked beyond cute when she did that. If I could, I would have kissed her on the spot but not so soon. I wanted to make our confession special, just the way she wants it to be. And for that I need to spend some alone time with her to find out what she likes. So I smiled and let her get ready. After about 30mins, she came out of her room.

"Manik, why did you wake me up so early? It's just 6:00 am." She asked.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her with me. Surprisingly she didn't say anything till we reached to a car that I had hired for the day.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked as she tied her seat belt.

"Well, we will be going tomorrow so I just wanted to spend some alone time with my new friend. You know like get to know my friend better. Any problem." I said.

She smiled and looked away but again asked, "But where are we going?"

"Well for now lets go and have some breakfast." I said as I drove the car.

We stopped by a street vendor and had some spicy pakodas and hot tea just the way Nandani liked. Then we went to few places for sight seeing which we had left out earlier on. We shared few of our childhood incidents and memories. Also knowing a lot about her likes and dislikes. After listening to all her non stop blabbering, I had come up with a perfect idea. She liked beaches, her favourite colour is black and white, and she loves romantic music. So a dinner date by the beach with black and white theme decorations and I will sing a perfect song for her and confess my feelings to her. I can't wait till I reach Mumbai. Tomorrow night is going to be a special night for us.
End of POV

They reached at the farmhouse by afternoon and as expected everyone welcomed them by teasing both of them. It was not official but it could clearly be seen from their face that they were in love with each other. Mukti and Cabir were the most happiest as their efforts to bring them together worked, even though they didn't have to do much as the two souls themselves broke all the barriers and got together. Everyone packed their luggage as they had a flight at 10:00 and got together for one last dinner in Shimla.

"So guys, we have to tell you all about something." Cabir said as they finished their dinner. "Next week, is our engagement. And after 15 days, we will get married. So two married couples in our group." Cabir proudly announced as he held Navya's hand. Everyone clapped and cheered for their future.

Manik's POV
We reached Malhotra mansion and were about to enter the house when I held Nandani's hand and entangled our fingers together. She looked at me in a shock and I spoke, "Well since we are husband and wife for our family, we also have to act like it right?" She looked away, perhaps trying to hide her blush. I was sure she loved me too by noticing the change in her behaviour. 

We walk  hand in hand behind Mukti and mom saw us. "Oh god, I missed you two so much. But wait, come, I need to introduce you to someone." Mom said and dragged us by the dinning table, where everyone was having lunch. As we walked closer, I felt Nandani not moving. I looked at her and her face had fallen down completely. She didn't respond to any of my signals and just looked at the people on the dinning table.

"Meet her, she is my daughter-in-law. And Nandani, meet them, Mr Venkate Murthy and Mrs Shanno Murthy." She just kept staring at uncle and aunty as if she knew them from before. Aunty got up from her table in a shock. I was totally lost as I didn't know what was happening.

"She is your daughter-in-law?" Aunty again asked mom, while Nandani just stood there completely blank. Mom just nodded as she too felt that they knew each other already.

"Nyonika, I can't believe you got this girl as your daughter-in-law. She will only bring bad luck to your family. Who ever she gets close to, she always ends up harming them. First it was my mother-in-law and then her own parents. And now Rishab. Nyonika get this girl out of your house, otherwise she will ruin it too. She is cursed from happiness. She will only bring bad luck to your family and Manik. If you want your son's happiness throw her out of this house." Aunty said.

I couldn't believe that she was saying all this. I had know her for quite sometime now but she never had reacted like this before. But I could not take this anymore. How could she say such things to Nandani. And then Nandani let my hand go. The moment she let my hand go, my heart skipped few beats. It felt as if she was going away from me. Her blank face was worrying me even more.

"Enough is enough aunty. You have got no rights to speak about my wife like this. It would be better if you leave this house before my words get out of my control." I said with an angry tone.

Uncle and aunty got up to leave but stopped right in front of Nandani. "I can't believe you are so shameless that you found this house for your needs. Don't rub off your bad luck on Manik and his family." She said and left.

Nandani still stood there lifelessly. Mom gestured me to take Nandani to our room and I did. She didn't say anything at all. This was worrying me more than anything. How could she remain so quite after all the insult. As far as I remember, she always fought for the right things then what happened now?

I made her sit on the bed and kneeled down in front of her. I held her hands in mine and asked, "Nandani please say something. Your silence is killing me." But there was no response. I asked the say thing for few more times but still she didn't say anything. I couldn't bear the pain in her eyes so I helplessly looked down trying to hide my emotions when I felt a drop on my hand. I looked at her and saw the most painful sight, she was crying. "Nandani, please tell me. You are scaring me now." I said as I held her face in my palms, wiping her tears off.

"Manik....Manik." She said in between her sobs.

"Yes Nandani, tell me." I said trying to calm her down.

"Manik, they were...they were my chacha and chachi." She finally said sobbing even harder.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. They were her chacha and chachi. How could they say things like this about her. And how was this even true. On one hand were the Murthy's, who were millionaires. They were the fabric kings of India. They supplied any type of fabric all over India. In fact we were on of their biggest buyers. And then Nandani, who hardly had a penny to survive. This was too confusing for me to understand and the only one who could answer me was Nandani....