Chapter 19

Manik and Nandani were sitting awkwardly in his car when Nandani initiated the talk. "Mr Malhotra, can I ask you something?"

Manik still looking on the road answered, "Yeah."

"Why....I mean you held my hand when you were going to tell mom about your decision. Why?" Nandani nervously asked.

Manik looked at Nandani and looked back on the road. "Because....because I was nervous. I didn't know how they would have reacted. What if they were angry on me because I had left them. Then you were the only one who was standing by me....so that's why. I am sorry if you didn't like it."

"No, I am not saying that I didn't like it." Nandani then realised what she had just said. She bit her lips trying to hide her mistake. Manik noticed it and a smile appeared on his face.

"Thank you once again for helping me out." Manik said trying to change the topic.

"Please stop thanking me again and again. I didn't do anything. You took the right decision. I just forced you to think about it." Nandani said smilingly.

Manik thought of not arguing any more and just left the matter.

They reached his house. When Manik spoke, "Nandani please let me know if you need any help for packing tomorrow."

"Okay Mr Malhotra." Nandani said trying to sign off.

"Nandani......Please don't call me Mr Malhotra." Manik said and moved into his room leaving Nandani in a complete shock.

Nandani's POV
What! What does he mean by 'don't call me Mr Malhotra'. What should I call him? If he doesn't want me to call him Mr Malhotra then he should have told me what I should call him. Oh god why is he so complicated? Monster!
End of POV

The next morning......
Nandani was already done with her packing as there was barely anything. She thought of calling Manik as it was 12:00 as Nyonika had clearly ordered them to have lunch with them. She went and knocked on the door but she got no response. The door seemed to be open so she walked in. Manik was fast asleep.

Nandani's POV
He is still sleeping. Should I wake him up? But he looks so much at peace. I can't believe that this monster can look so innocent. Just then he turned over when the duvet slipped down. To my surprise he was bare chested. He had such a fine toned body. His skin was so well maintained. I guess he was blessed with such features.
End of POV

Nandani was engrossed into watching Manik in his sleep when she suddenly tripped and fell onto Manik. Manik woke up as she fell onto him.

Manik's POV
Was I dreaming? She is so close to me. Her eyes, it felt like they were trying to pull me closer. These hair strands always disturb my view. My hand automatically pull the hair strands behind her ears. This felt like the most beautiful moment of my life. I wish I would never wake up from this beautiful dream.
End of POV

Just then Cabir and Mukti entered. They were shocked to see they in such a position.

"Mukti we are thinking of something else and something else is happening here." Cabir whispered into Mukti's ear.

Mukti laughed, "Cabir yaar.... Do something. Let's have some fun."

"Ok as you say." Cabir smirked evilly.

"So sorry to disturb Mr and Mrs Malhotra. Mukti lets go back, I guess they need time." Cabir said it loudly shocking the couple.

Manik then realised that it was not a dream but she was actually there. Nandani because of a sudden call from Cabir fell onto Manik completely.