Chapter 56

This is a little emotional update. Personally when I think of a man with tears, it breaks my heart. And when I imagined Manik saying all this then it was all together on another level. But I guess it was much needed.

Manik's POV
'What am I doing! How can I torture her with my words. She has brought light in my dark world....then why! I hate myself, I hate this anger in me. Cabir was right, my anger will ruin me one day. It's so late and I let her go alone. Manik Manik Manik...get a grip of yourself!'
I quickly rushed to Rishab's room and found him sleeping. I switched the lights off and got my cars keys. It's half an hour since she left....where would she be? Speeding crazily on the roads...but I still couldn't find her anywhere. Suddenly I spotted a red bag lying on the side of the road. I reversed the car and went back. It was the same, she bought this from Shimla when we went for the first time. This was not good....I hope she was fine. I sat back in the car and drove even faster, scanning the entire way to the house.

'Should I go in....But how will mom react and Mukti. Forget it Manik, I need to know if Nandani is alright. Just go in.'

I rang the doorbell and waited impatiently outside for it to open. To my surprise, mom opened the door. Her eyes were dull, she must have been crying all day, all night. Her face was tired. I wanted to hug her and tell her that I am there but then realised that she hated me. My tears stayed in the corner of my eyes and I looked down as I couldn't face her. There was shame and guilt in my eyes for hurting her. But Nandani, I looked up to mom to ask her about Nandani but she left giving me a blank expression. I didn't matter to her anymore. The bag in my hand just slipped and I moved in looking for Nandani.
The stairs seemed like a 1000 kilometres that just won't finish. I stormed into our room, calling out her name in panic but she wasn't there. She wasn't there...suddenly I didn't know what to do, where to go. Sweat crept on my forehead in the fear of losing her. I was moving out of the room when I heard the shower on. Obviously idiot, she must be in the bathroom. But I needed to see her! Was she okay? Without knocking I entered the bathroom and my heart broke in million pieces to see her. She was soaking under the cold water and had crumbled onto the floor. Something was wrong!

I rushed towards her and turned the shower off. She looked at me in a miserable state and I fell onto the floor taking her in my arms. She held me tighter then usual and sobbed hard.
"Manik...Manik..." is all she kept saying between her sobs. This was scaring me but she needed to stop crying. "Manik please..." Her sobs turned even louder and I patted her head to cool her down. This can't be because of me, then what happened.

"Nandani, please don't cry. I am here. Please tell me what happened?" I whispered into her ears but she kept sobbing. I felt her shivering in my arms. She was freezing with the cold shower she had. Her clothes had to be changed. "Nandani, please let's get out of here. You need to change, then tell me what happened." I said cupping her face in my palms and she nodded looking into my eyes. She got changed and sat besides me on the bed. I took the towel from her hand and pulled her into my lap. Her hair was still wet and I started drying them with the towel. She was looking at me with teary eyes, but I couldn't meet her eyes because I feared, maybe I was the reason behind it.

"When I was coming back...suddenly...few people came from the back.....and they....they..." She began to say and tears flowed down her cheeks. I was horrified with what she was saying or rather what she was going to say. "They....tried to misbehave...with...me." I was shocked, I frozen and the towel slipped off my hands. My head fell down in shame and I could no longer feel my breathe. Perhaps she noticed it and hugged me immediately. "I was so scared...!" She said lightly sobbing but patting my back constantly. Despite all this, she was still trying to make me feel better. "Please Manik, don't be stubborn. Come back...I need you, we all need you.!" She pleaded whispering into my ears. But I couldn't make out anything, It was saffocating me. I needed to breath. Without looking at her I walked out.