Chapter 62

Hey guys, long time. Please don't be upset but I was on a family trip after a very long time and I could not gather the time to update. Hope you guys will understand this. Firstly, happy belated birthday to Sharmistha Sarkar. Hope all your wishes will get fulfilled and may you get the world's happiness because you deserve it. Secondly, don't worry...from now on, no delays with the updates. And finally, thanks for waiting and not giving up on the story, it really means a lot to me. Thank you!

Manik's POV
I woke up and found myself alone on the bed. "Nandani.." I called out but got no response. It was unusual. Quickly, I grabbed my shorts and looked for her in the bathroom, she still wasn't there. Just then my eyes fell on a note lying on the side table.

'Mr Monstu Manik Malhotra, I had always wondered how it would be if we met differently. How would it be if destiny did not play any part and we contributed. Would it be the same or better or worse? Maybe we can find an answer to it now. For today, you don't know me and neither do I know you. Let's see how we would be if things were different. Manik Malhotra, would you still try your luck with Nandani Murthy if given another chance? I will be waiting for an answer."

Her ideas and concepts will always be this....let me not say stupid. But I guess they always turn out to be different. Nandani Malhotra...na, Nandani Murthy, I will still make you fall for me no matter how hard you try to pretend. Let's go Manik, need to impress your woman once again.

I get ready and go out looking for her on the cruise. When I couldn't find her anywhere, I though of going to the poolside. Just as I was about to enter 'Mickey Mouse' stopped me. "If you want to get inside the clubhouse, you need to say the four magical words." He asked.

"What..!" Was this for real.

"I said the four magical words, not this." He replied.

"Listen, let me go inside." I said aggressively.

"Chill man...don't get so touched. What would you have told your kids if they asked you?" He asked.

"I don't have kids..!" I said it out in a surprise or rather a shock.

"Then what are you doing on the cruise?" He asked me being more surprised then me.

It was embarrassing to tell him the reason. Oh god..."Miska...Mouska...Mickeyyyy Mouse! Can I go in now." I quickly said it and went in without waiting for his response. What is happening with me, I was talking to 'Mickey Mouse'. And what the hell....Kids and me!! Idiot. Hope no one saw me doing those dumb things just now.

Just then I see Nandani sipping something in her glass. As she started to appear closer, I saw her outfit. She was dressed really classy in her short oufit, so unlike her. A boy with specs passed by, I didn't know what got into me that I stopped him and asked for the glasses. He was really sweet and gave it to me. Nerdy look it is. "May I please have a lemon juice." I asked the bartender and sat next to Nandani. I could tell that she was impressed with my nerdy looks. My lady was already impressed but I knew she was going to play hard. "Hi, my name is Manik. What is your good name?" I asked Nandani. Oh I got the royal ignore. Well played wifey. "By the way miss...are you a Wi-Fi, cause I am feeling a little bit of a connection here." She chuckled at it. Hasse toh phasee!

"You are right, I am a WiFi. But you need a password to access the connection." She cleverly replied.

"But every WiFi needs a computer." I said and she finally smiled at me.

"Hi, my name is Nandani Mal...Murty." She said and gave her hand to me.

"Your name is even more prettier than you.....I am not that lucky but any chances for a lunch date?" I asked.