Chapter 53

Manik's POV
In exactly one moment, everything in life changed. Where I happily returned with Nandani and my family from Shimla and where I am left all alone. I am back to the penthouse, which means I am back to the darkness. I could believe what dad did to me, I could believe what mom did to me and even Mukti but Nandani, I though she would never leave me alone. But then it was all just said for the sake of it. I don't know why she did what she did, but she shouldn't have left my side. She knew I was vulnerable and needed her, still she chose to stay away from me. Did she just claim to love me and not really mean it? My vision starts fading away as the alcohol starts to do it's job. Yes I had gulped down almost the entire bottle. It would at least put me to sleep and get me over this night.

Nandani's POV
It's almost half nine, where is Manik? Why isn't he here yet? I just hope he is keeping fine and hasn't harmed himself. I take my purse and decide to go to the penthouse. Just as I step outside the office, I find him walking with a mug of coffee and talking to someone over his bluetooth. "Even if it requires to take any extreme measures, I want you to go ahead." He spoke to the person while looking at me. He walked pass through me and entered the office, I followed. "Listen Virat, I just what you to make sure that the transfer happens quick. If my wife signs the papers, then good for her and if she doesn't, then I will make her." He said as he sat on his chair and I looked at him like an idiot. Well I guessed it right, that the convo was about me. "Good, the work should be done." He said firmly and took the bluetooth out and threw it on the desk.

"Manik..." Before I could say anything further, he cut me off.

"Manik sir.....And Mrs Malhotra, you will get some papers tomorrow. I want you to sign them and give it to me. However, if you do refuse to sign, then I don't guarantee what I may end up doing. I would advise you.... that you sign them and give it back to me. And after handing those papers to me, you have to move out of that house. You may either go to your husband's house or.....elsewhere." He said without creating any eye contact.

When he asked me to call him 'Manik sir', I could clearly make out how hurt he is because of my actions. The difficulty he faced when he asked me to go elsewhere, clearly said that he wanted to know, why I am not on his side. I wish I could make him understand, that always letting go is not the option. Specially when that thing means everything to you. But now what are these papers for? "What are the papers for?" I asked before speaking to him.

"They are transfer papers. Whatever dad transferred on my name, I want to give it back to Mukti and mo.....mom." He said. I really didn't like the fact that he hesitated while saying the word mom.

"Manik, why are you doing this? Why are you distancing away yourself from everyone. Whatever the situation is, they are your family. They need you....and you need them! Please don't..." I tried to put my words to him but it was to late. He was now in his monster mode.

"You will sign those papers or not?" He bluntly asked me.

"Manik please...." I tried again but his behaviour was now scaring me.

"Mrs Nandani, will you sign the papers or not." He stood up and spoke with hatred in his eyes. He just doesn't want to understand anything.

"No!!" I said firmly, trying to control my tears which were fighting to flow seeing his behaviour towards me.

"Fine then......I know my ways to get things done. Now whatever happens, it's your fault!." He said and sat back. "Here, arrange these meetings for today." He said being totally normal.

"What about us?" I asked being petrified as I myself didn't know the answer.

He sarcastically  laughed and then answered. "You are asking me, I thought you took those decisions these days." He said, doing something in his laptop. "Well now that you have asked, let me ask you for the last time. Will you sign those papers or not?" He asked finally looking into my eyes. I just nodded my head in a no because I knew if I had spoken, then the tears would make it's way. "Fine then, I will talk to my lawyers and let you know." He said without showing any feelings.

"Lawyer...?" I said in a shock. What is he thinking? Lawyer...he wants to separate?

"Mrs Nandani, please start doing your work. Those meetings are important and they need to be done today." He said continuing with his work.

"Yes Manik...sir, I will go make the appointments." I said normally, hiding the sound of my heart breaking bit by bit. Without waiting for his response I stormed out of the office and head towards the washroom, as my tears had already made it's way.

How could Manik think of this? Lawyers? Didn't Manik for once think that I did all this for him. Was my love not enough for him to have faith in me? But I know Manik is impulsive and he will surely regret doing all this when things will sort out. So I am going to hang on to this and have to get everyone back before everything falls apart. But how do I do it? Let me first sort out the paper issues. I wiped my tears off and washed my face with the water so that I could look normal and think of ways to sort it all out.

Manik's POV
I know I am hurting her, she knows she is hurting me but we both are still doing it. We are still being adamant about what we want. I don't know why Nandani is doing all this but I am sure she is trying to do something good for me. But I can't let her hurt Mukti and mom. Mom clearly said that she doesn't want to see me and if it's her wish then I will surely fulfil, as always. Mom doesn't consider me as family, so I want to give everything back and go really far away from Mumbai. Nandani is being stubborn but I know how to get her. I am sure that this lawyer trick would do the work and she would come back to me. We will both leave this place and start our lives all over again.

But there is rage in me, I feel the anger boiling within me. Towards dad, mom, Mukti, Nandani or my cursed fate, I don't know, but I can feel it. It's eating me from within. That's why I am keeping away from Nandani, because I know she will try her best to get closer to me but I am afraid of hurting her. I had done it before, and I am afraid I would do it once again.

Nandani's POV
The day passed in office work and in pretending that Manik and I are just strangers. Well this time I ignored him, because I was angry. Mostly hurt, but angry too. How could he even say that. Lawyers....., divorce.....is that what he meant instead. I understand his emotional conflict but then why is our relation at stake. Anyways, at least people in the office didn't know about us. Otherwise it would have become a big thing, as two of the staff members saw me in tears.

As I enter, I see Mukti and mom on the table having their dinner. I go to them and sit on my usual spot to have dinner. Mom gets up as soon as I sit and walk away. I tried to stop her but Mukti spoke to me. "Nandani, why are you here? Do you want to tourture us everyday being here, why don't you go back to Manik and leave us." Mukti said.

"Mukti, I want the same thing that you want. You want happiness to return to this house and even I do. The thing none of you are understanding is that, your happiness lies within each other. It includes Manik as well..." I said but Mukti intervened.

"Listen Nandani, I know the pain that love brings in. What dad did to mom is something unimaginable. In fact you imagine, what if Manik has a baby with someone else and asks you to raise him. Would you be able to do it? Nandani, I believe that you should only ask for the things that you can give. If you can't do it, then don't expect it from mom." She said and left.

I sit on the chair being completely helpless. Mukti was right, I wouldn't be able to tolerate if someone else came in between us. So was Manik right? Is running away from everyone the only option. No Nandani, don't forget, that sometimes, the bond of hearts are stronger then few relationships. There are problems now, but they have been together for so long. It won't be so easy for all of them to part ways. These Malhotra's are a tuff nut to break, I tell you. Well I wasn't hungry anymore, so left and went to sleep while making weird and stupid plans, which even I knew won't work.

OKAY GUYS, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE UPDATE? I HAVE ALREADY PLANNED THE ENITRE PLOT, BUT WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE MANIK? OR NANDANI? OR NYONIKA? OR MUKTI? WHO IS RIGHT, WHO IS WRONG? WHAT'S YOUR TAKE ABOUT THIS PLOT? PLEASE DO COMMENT...