Chapter 49

Nandani's POV
"What Cabir?" Manik asked as he picked the phone while I quickly got my sari and started to drape it fast. My hand were trembling even after Manik let me go.

"Okay, fine. Sorry. Just give us few minutes." Manik said and hang the call. I saw Manik looking at me in the mirror so I quickly pretended to be busy in draping my sari. Manik is making me so nervous at this very moment. "So my mini monster can be shy of me also?" He whispered in my ear as he hugged me from the back.

"I am not shy!" I said still looking down.

"Really?" Manik said and turned me around and pulled me really close in his arms. Our eyes meet and I can't help but blush, I could feel my cheeks on fire. "I so wish the call never interrupted us, but Cabir and his family are ready and waiting downstairs. We should go help." Manik said.

"But Manik, I promised I would be with Navya during the ceremony and since they are being conducted in two different halls we won't be..." I said sulking a little.

"I am your Monster Manik, I will find some monstrous ways to meet you." He said with the naught smile. "I like this, you can't stay away from me as well." He said as he made his way through my neck.

"Actually Manik, I can't..." I said and he looked at me all confused. I pushed him and little and then pushed him hard into the bathroom. "I can't seem to like your dressing sense." I said and waited outside the bathroom.

"What do you mean?" Manik said and tried to come out but I put my hands on his chest and stop him.

"I mean, it's getting to boring. You should surprise me, wearing something totally unusual, something that's not your style." I said. Well I was just trying to annoy him.

"What do you mean something unusual, do you want me to wear ghagra choli?" Manik asked in a shock.

"That's up to you." I said and got back to plating my pallu. He looked at me for a while and then went to take a bath. After I was done with my sari, I knocked onto the bathroom door and informed him that I was going downstairs as Navya's family had arrived.

 After I was done with my sari, I knocked onto the bathroom door and informed him that I was going downstairs as Navya's family had arrived

All the girls looked so beautiful and specially Navya, she was perhaps the most happiest person today. The hall was decorated so beautifully. Everything was decorated only in fresh flowers, I remember when once my mom had said that they want to do this for my wedding too. But neither was she alive to see me get married and neither did my wedding happen in the right situation. It's every girls wish to get married in a certain way since their childhood, but after my parents passed away, all my wishes and desires had gone. But no regrets now, I think I am now ready to move on from the death of my parents and think of my future with Manik and Rishab. I can thank god for bring Manik in my life, perhaps a reason to believe in God once again.

"Nandani, come apply haldi to Navya." Aaliya called out for me. I clear my mind and move towards the girls.

Manik's POV
Nandani wanted me to dress out of my style, but I won't do that. I am not going to embarrass myself. So I grabbed black kurta and jeans and walked down. I though of seeing Nandani first before I go to Cabir, maybe I won't get a chance to see her once the ceremony would begin. As I enter the hall, I find Mukti, Aaliya and Navya in the centre on the stage. I was surprised not to find Nandani there and looked around for her. Just then I noticed Nandani standing a little away and admiring everything with a smile on her face. I started to walk towards her but stopped as I saw her sulk a little. I stood still and observed her behaviour. She wasn't sad, just a little low. Perhaps she wanted all this for her wedding too and I ruined it. Just then she gave a satisfactory smile and maybe consoled herself.