Chapter 13

Manik's POV
I can't face her after all that happened in the morning. What must she be thinking about me. And why didn't I control myself. But her eye, they were just pulling me towards her. She is helping me and I am busy taking advantage of it. At least she is not here in office today, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to focus on my work at all. Shit, I feel so guilty. Avoiding her is the best thing to do.
End of POV

Manik reached home to pick Nandani up for dinner as it was already 7:30 as he decided to come home late so he didn't have to face her. "Nandani, lets go." He screamed but there was no response. He got a little worried, so he peeped into her room to find her peacefully sleeping like a little baby.

Manik's POV
She was sleeping? What the.... I can't believe this. I walked into the room to wake her up but was dumbstruck at her. She looked so beautiful. No stress, no fears, just a care free girl. I had never seen her look so innocent. We always fought and argued so I had never gotten a chance to admire her from this close. It was getting late, Mom must be waiting but I couldn't wake her up. I could admire her like this all day long but she seemed to be disturbed by few hair strands falling on her face. My hands automatically moved to clear my view. Just as I tuck them behind her ear, she woke up. I freaked out, as if one of my theft was caught. She slowly opened her eye, while a smile played on her lips. It felt as if she had seen her dream come true. But wait why would she have me in her dreams? After few seconds she realised she was not in her dreamland and got shocked. "Mr Malhotra! What are you doing here?

I was scared and got speechless but I still tried. "Ac....Actually, I came to wake you up. We have to go for dinner."

She looked at the watch on her wrist and panicked. "Shit I overslept. Manik.....I mean Mr Malhotra give me five minutes. I will be ready."

"Yeah, hurry up." I said as I chickened out of her room.
End of POV

Manik and Nandani both reached Malhotra Mansion.

"Finally, you both are here. I thought you two got lost into each others eyes again." Nyonika said leaving few chuckles out, making the couple look down in embarrassment. "Now let's go have dinner first. We are so hungry."

Everyone had their dinner and assembled in the living room. Nyonika and Nandani sat together and Manik and Mukti sat opposite them. While Raj sat next to Nyonika's sofa.

"Since we all are here together after so long, lets do something." Nyonika suggested.

"Mom, what do you want to do now?" Mukti frowned as she was tired from office.

"Raj sing my favourite song for me please. It has been ages." Nyonika said to Raj.

"What! Sing. You know that there is only one person in this house who has a good voice. Then why are you asking me to sing." Raj chuckled as he denied the request.

"Who Dad?" Nandani asked.

"Don't tell me you don't know that your husband can sing." Raj questioned Nandani.

Nandani burst out in laughter making Manik surprised. "Dad please tell me and don't joke around like this."

Manik raised one of his eyebrows questioning Nandani's behaviour when Nandani looked at him. "What!! Manik can sing? I can't believe that."

"And why can't you believe that I can sing." Manik asked as he got annoyed.

"You don't have the singers personality." Nandani replied to Manik.

"Manik, this is what your wife thinks about you!" Nyonika added fuel to make Manik get even more irritated.

"Mom, have you ever seen Dad cook food?" Nandani asked.

"No"

"Then would you believe me if I came up to you and told you that he is a superb cook. Just like that, I had never seen him sing then how can I believe it?"

"She does have a point." By now Manik was highly irritated by the convo between his mother and his wife.

"Ok fine then, let me prove it to you Mrs Malhotra. Mukti please get my guitar from my room." Manik spoke as he was agitated.

Mukti ran upstairs and got his guitar.

"Ok so let me sing Mom's favourite song." Manik said as he tuned his guitar.

Ehsaan tera hoga mujh par
Dil chahta hai woh kehne do
Mujhe tumse mohabbat ho gayi hai
Mujhe palko ki chaanv mein rehne do
Manik sang this part with his eyes closed.

Ehsaan tera hoga mujh par
Dil chahta hai woh kehne do
Mujhe tumse mohabbat ho gayi hai
Mujhe palko ki chaanv mein rehne do

Manik opened his eyes to find Nandani lost in his song. He sang this part of the song looking deep into her eyes.

Tumne mujhko hansna sikhaaya.. ho..
Rone kahoge ro lenge ab
Aansu ka humaare gham na karo
Woh behte hai to behne do
Mujhe tumse mohabbat ho gayi hai
Mujhe palkon ki chaav mein rehne do
Ehsaan tera hoga mujh par..

Manik sang feeling each and every word in the song. As if his heart was expressing his unknown feeling through the song.

Their eye lock got disturbed as everyone clapped for him.

"Manik beta, I am so happy that you sang after all these years. Your voice is still so soulful to listen to." Nyonika wished Manik.

"Thanks Mom." Manik smiled to Nyonika.

"Manik I thought you would have forgotton how to play the guitar but I guess you are still a pro at it." Mukti appreciated Manik.

"After all he learned music from me." Raj said making the atmosphere joyous.

"Ok enough now. Mom, Dad we will leave. Its already very late." Manik said putting an end to the beautiful night.

"Beta, it's late as you said. Why don't you just stay here for the night and then you can leave in the morning." Nyonika suggested.

"Yes Mom, you are right. I am also very tired, we should just stay here Manik." Nandani said while yawning.

Manik threw angry glares at Nandani as she made this decision without his permission.

"Ok so it's finally. You too go upstairs and sleep in Manik's room. Goodnight Beta."

Everyone headed to their respective rooms when Manik questioned Nandani. "How can you just agree to this without asking me?"

"Mr Malhotra I was tired and why would you mind staying in your own house. Besides I didn't want to break your mother's heart so I agreed."

"You are impossible." Manik said giving up, while Nandani chuckled at the frustrated him.