Chapter 6: Giving her a chance

Manik's POV
The meeting with the Gupta's was too long. By the time I reached the office almost everyone had left. Nandani was also not in the office. "I guess she must have gone home," I thought and headed towards my house. There was an uninvited silence in the house which was missing since the day I brought Nandani. It had brought back the loneliness which was in my life from the pass few years but I had gotten used to it. Now surprisingly it was haunting me. That reminded me of Nandani. Was she in the house? "Let me go check in her room. It's to early to sleep," I thought and proceeded towards her room.
I knocked on the door but there was no response and pushed the door to see it was open. Everything was so organised in her room. She even cooked in the room itself otherwise why would she have an electric hot plate in here. But the most important thing was that she was still not here. She was missing again, I hope she did not try to run away again. I thought of waiting or perhaps I trusted her a little, that she will stick to her promise and not run away so easily.

I sat on the couch, watching the IPL match and waited for her return. Cricket is a sport that can relax every man on this planet, at least the Indians. One can get so engrossed into it that the outer world does not matter. As the match finished I went up to the kitchen and made myself some pasta. Cooking was one thing I hated but since Manda tai had taken a leave for a month I was left with little options. I sat back on the couch and checked the time to see it was already 10:30, still she had not returned. "I hope she is fine, did something....," my anger was increasing but I was also getting worried for her. Why was I getting worried, being the girl she is I don't think she will need any kind of help rather other people around her will have to take the precautions. But I still had my faith in her. I knew she will return. What was happening to me? I could easily track her down and bring her back then why am I still giving her the chance? 
I sat on the couch again and waited for her. But soon sleep took over me as today was one hectic day.

I woke up to a jerk as I heard the doorbell. As I pull the door open with lot of questions in my head and anger in my eyes, Nandani ignored me and walked towards her room.
"What the hell man! Where were you and have you seen the time it's 12:45. Who stays out so late?" I kept on blabbering like an idiot while she did not even stop to respond to me. This made me anger.
"Stop," I screamed to make her wait and reply to me. She turned and gave me an angry glare and walked to her room. This girl was something. She knew how angry I was still she had the guts to mess with me, I won't spare her. I walked towards her room but stop as I see her speaking to the photos by her bedside table.

"Now you see what I do with that monster. I have tried everything with him and it all failed but this silent treatment will teach him a lesson. And maybe he will also tell me why he is doing all this. Do whatever you want to monster, but I will never ever speak to you." My anger had calmed down and instead of going to confront her I decided to go to my room.
"Oh so then it's a challenge, I will make sure you talk to me by hook or by crook." I thought to myself and slept.

I waited for her to enter my cabin so that I could make her loss the challenge which she didn't even know about. She walked straight in without looking here and there and sat on her chair. It was so humiliating when she thought I was invisible.
"Miss Murty, have you done everything that I told you about yesterday?"
She still didn't look at me. It was getting on my nerves. But before I could complain about it, she stood up and handed me a file. She had done everything, infact everything was done as per as I had asked her to do. Somewhere, deep down I was impressed by her work. But then the challenge, so I thought of criticising her.
"What is this? Is this how you work. Where are all the designs that I had asked you for?"
She remained calm and turned the pages of the file indicating at the designs. It was shocking to see her so calm. Her temper was always on her nose but now she was not protesting.
I tried to do many things during the day, even pretend to be dad and gave an employee a message to ask Nandani to forward it to me. But she wrote it down on a piece of paper and handed it to me. I could have confronted her and made her aware that I knew about her stupid plans but there I was acting like a little teenager boy who was to revenge her in her own way. I had just lost it. In the process of overthinking and playing with the scissors, the scissors slipped and cut my palm.
"Ahhh..," just as I screamed in pain she rushed towards me.
"What happened sir?" She looked worried. "Just wait I will get the first aid box."
She rushed to the cupboard to get the kit and held my hand to do first aid. But there was not a single moment when my eyes did not follow her. The pain in my hand was missing and rather an unknown sensation was running down in my body. As she did bandage to my hand I admired her. Her eyes, which big enough for me to drown into. Her hair, it felt as if I could hide myself away from every loneliness in my life. Her lips, which created an unknown urge every time she bit her lower lip.
"It's done." She said as she left my hand.
"So finally you had to speak to me." I said with a smirk while she looked at me shocked. She must have figured out that I heard her so she left me and sat on her desk and started doing her work.