Chapter 3: It's a deal!

Manik's POV
I was returning home with few of Mukti's clothes for her as she was still roaming around in that stupid wedding lengha. Everytime I looked at her in it made me even more angry. And I am least interested in hurting her physically. The driver and my bodyguard were standing outside the house, which meant she had arrived peaceful without creating anymore scenes.

I pulled the door open to see the worst state of my house. Everything was broken rather crushed under a bull dozer. Never in my wildest dream had I ever thought of such a situation that could possibly have arrived to cause such a damage to my house. After all this was the one and only strong possession I had in my life. My anger increased as I started screaming for the person responsible for it.
"Nandani.......Nandani.......Nandani," I screamed but there was no response. I walked toward her room when I saw her lying lifelessly. She was unconscious and wounded. There was blood all over her right foot and also her palms. I was horrified or rather terrified. I still remember how she had pulled the stunt on me this morning. Did she try to kill herself? I rushed towards her to feel her pulses. She was still alive, her heart was still beating. I pulled her into my arms and carried her in my room upstairs, as it seemed to be the safest place in my house at the moment. There was panic in my movements. I couldn't understand what I had to do at the moment. She was bleeding, and the sight of blood terrified me. "Doctor," I mumbled and took my phone to call him.
"Doctor, please come to my place. There is an emergency. But make sure no one finds out about this, especially mom, dad and Mukti."
"Don't worry Manik, I am on my way."
I paced around the room, waiting for the doctor. Every minute was making it worse for me. She looked bad and by bad I mean almost dead type bad. Yes, I wanted her to suffer but not physically. Just then the doorbell broke my chain of thoughts. I quickly rushed down to open the door and found Mr. Sinha. "Doctor this way."
I made him follow me but he was getting horrified looking at the condition of the house. But he didn't ask me a question as the priority was his patient.
He sat beside Nandani and checked her heartbeat with the statoscope. He then checked for her pulses by holding her wrist. There was blood on her palm and right foot, so he quickly did her dressing. I just stood there as a mute spectator and gave Mr.Sinha his time.
"I have done her dressing and she fainted because of weakness, perhaps she hasn't had anything since the morning. I have also injected her so after she wakes up feed her something. If she is still weak then bring her to the hospital, I will give her some glucose." He said as he started packing his stuff.
"Thanks doctor." I replied.
"Manik I am your family doctor and I know you since long,so can I ask you what happened to her?" He asked me as he was worried for me.
"It's a long story Doctor but trust me, I mean no harm to her. She is just angry at the moment so she reacted like this."
"I know Manik, you can never cause harm to anyone. But why is she dressed in a wedding attire?" He asked me being totally confused.
"She is my wife." Words automatically came out of my mouth and I regretted saying each word.
"Ok....!!Take care of her." It looked like he couldn't digest a word I had said and he quietly walked towards the door while I followed him.
"Doctor, please don't tell anything to anyone. It's a request. Actually things happened so fast that I couldn't inform everyone about it." I asked before he stepped out.
But he just responded by nodding and left. I guess it was too much for him to believe any of the things I had told him. Dad and him were very close friends which is why I feared how long this secret was going to last. I rushed to the room and took a seat on the couch. There was no use of staring at her so I sat with my laptop to finish off the work that was pending due to this wedding drama. Almost after 4 hours she started to wake up. I ran down to the kitchen and brought the food that the maid had cooked for dinner. She was trying to sit on the bed but was failing as she was too weak to even move. I placed the plate by the side table and helped her sit.
"Please...let me....go," she said as I brought the food plate in front of her. She was too weak. Even breathing seemed to be a difficult task for her. I knew she wouldn't agree to eat so forced a spoon full of rice and dal in her mouth. She clumsily tried to protest but was too weak. After few more spoons it felt as if she was getting her energy back. She was still weak but was able to move. I left the plate on her lap and expected her to finish off her food. But to my surprise, she placed the plate on the side table and stood up on her feet. She slowly started walking towards the door.
"I want to leave." She said as she tried to walk.
She was about to fall when I quickly held her by her waist and saved her. But I was fuming with rage as she wanted to leave about ruining my most precious possession.
"Leave me monster." She protested but she truly awakened the monster in me.
I pulled her violently by the stairs showing her the art she had made out of my house. She stared at the lounge with horror as she perhaps did not expect the mess to look like this. She stood there in utter silence increasing the level of my anger.
"You think you can leave so easily after doing all this to my house." I screamed, adding on to her horror.
She looked at me with hatred and anger in her eyes, "you deserved every bit of this. And I know I won't be able to leave so easily. So I am ready to pay you for everything."
She said with confidence but I knew it was impossible for her to arrange so much money in such less time.
"Yes, I will need time but I will make sure that I pay you everything."
"Fine, I will hand you the bills by evening and I will let you go as soon as you pay me. But till you pay me, you will have to stay here. Am I clear."
She took a while to answer, "it's a deal I guess Mr Malhotra."