Chapter 54

Nandani's POV
I twisted and turned around in the bed but couldn't seem to fall asleep, perhaps because Manik's presence was missing. Manik being all alone in the penthouse is so not right. If I go and shift with Manik, then it would weaken me to fight for him. Maybe Manik will succeed in convincing me. But I don't want him to be alone. How I wish Cabir was here but I can't call him either. I don't want to spoil their honeymoon. What should I do....oh wait, Rishab!

I immediately take my phone and make a call. "Dr Mehta, I need a favour from you."

"Nandani, at this time, what do you want?" He says sounding very low. I quickly check the time and got shocked seeing it to be 3:45am.

"I am so sorry, I didn't see the time and just called you. Actually, I wanted to know about Rishab's treatment. Everything is fine right?" I asked.

"Absolutely, in fact I just spoke to your husband yesterday. You can take Rishab home and his treatment can be done from there itself. His lower body has started functioning and responding, just he needs to learn how to walk and balance. With time he will learn that as well." He said.

"This is wonderful news doctor.....But, I need you to do one thing for me. Can you somehow get Rishab out of the ashram by tomorrow?" I asked him.

"What..! Why do you want that to happen?" He asked me in disbelief.

"It's a long story doctor but trust me, it's for a good cause. And you said that his treatment can be done from home, then what's the harm." I say trying to convince him.

"As long as you sign the consent forms, I think I will be able to do it." He said.

"Of course I will sign. But I need you to call my husband and inform him that Rishab has been thrown out of this place due to some reasons. But please make sure he doesn't find out I am behind all this." I say.

"Okay Nandani, I will call your husband and get Rishab out of this place. But you please come and sign those papers first." He asked.

"No problem doctor, I will be there. Thank you so much, bye." I say and drop the call.

I know I am not doing the right thing, but Manik needs someone. And the bond Manik and Rishab share might just help. Just as how I made Rishab's recovering my purpose of living, maybe Rishab's well being could become his distraction. And it would also give me a reason to visit Manik often. Just tonight, I hope he keeps fine. I tried to go back to bed but failed and just waited for the sun to rise so I could see Manik.

In the morning...
I put a fake smile on and walk into the office to find Manik sitting on his chair with his eyes closed. I put my stuff onto the table when I noticed 5 cups of coffee on his table. Did that mean he was here from long time? "Manik?" I called out but he remained quite. I moved closer and place my palm on his cheek to gently shake him and wake him up. He immediately opened his eyes. His eyes had lost the charm they held. All I could see was pain, pain that he didn't deserve. He broke the eye lock and moved his head but I couldn't control. I was sure he was up all night or perhaps here the whole night. He was hurting himself but I could feel it instead. Tears started making it's ways.

"Now what's the point of crying." Manik said looking away from me. I went to him and sat on his lap and held his face between my palms. I forced him to look into my eyes. When he looked I could see tears, tears which were caused by me. As he looked at me, his tears rolled down his cheeks. I hated this sight and knowing that I was the reason behind it caused even more pain to my heart. I hugged him and burst out in tears too.

"Manik please, don't do this. Don't hurt yourself, I am there na....just trust me." I plead as I burry my face into his chest.

He pulls me closer and tighten's his grip as if I would vanish the moment he would loosen his grip. I felt safe, it felt so right. "If I don't hurt myself, then I will end up hurting others, maybe you too. And I would rather prefer to die then hurt you physically."