Chapter 58

Manik's POV
"Manik, what did you tell Mukti?" Nandani questioned me.

"What do you think I told her?" I tried to tease her.

"Manik...!" This time she sounded a little angry.

"Nandani madam, I just told her to pack some warm clothes for you.....But wait what were you thinking?" I asked again teasing her.

"Manik....I...I...I thought..." She said blushing like a newly wedded wife. I pulled her closer to me and rapped both my hands around her waist. "I missed you!" I said on a serious note.

"I am sorry, I am an idiot! Please forgive me..." She said with tears threatening to fall out of her eyes. I didn't say anything and just smiled at her. There was no way I could come in terms with my feelings when I am sane. "You scared me yesterday." She said and tears rolled down her cheeks. I hated her tears but I always ended up being the cause of it.

"I am sorry too. Your tears....I hate them, but see....you always cry because of me." I said hiding my face in shame. She held my face and made me look into her eyes.

"If you are responsible for my smile then you also have the right to make me cry. Now stop all this otherwise I will leave again..." She said and I freaked out.

"Why now?" I asked with a sad pout.

"Because I don't like how my grumpy husband looks." She said smiling eye to eye, my favourite sight.

"Is this fine..." I said smiling because of her.

"Perfect....Okay then tell me where are we going? And when?" Nandani asked in excitement.

"So....when I first realised my feelings for you in Shimla, I had planned a surprise for you where I would have confessed my feelings.....on a beach.....but you....had different plans." I said and laughed about it.

"Really...you planned a confession for me?" Nandani asked in a shock. "Like in the filmy way?" She asked again raising her eyebrows. Did she think that I couldn't?

"Why this look?" I asked.

"Well.....The Manik Malhotra....Would bend on his knees.... under the twinkling stars....in between the cool ocean breeze....for an ordinary girl like me?" She asked.

"You think I wouldn't have?" I asked pulling her on the bed beside me.

She cutely nodded in a no and I gave a confusing look to her. "I just wonder if I deserve all this." She said smiling her heart out. I pulled her in my lap and made my way to her neck and I asked her again.

"Do you still wonder if you deserve this.." I seductively asked her and she gave in to me. But suddenly she pushed me back and stood up.

"I still haven't taken a bath and I stink of all the running you made me do early in the morning." She cutely said it with an angry pout.

"Can I help you take a bath?" I asked knowing the obvious reaction to it.

"Manik....!!" She shouted at me while trying to hide her blush. "You still haven't told me where and when we are going!" She asked putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh yeah....get ready fast. We are going tonight to Bahamas. I am sure you will like it there." I said in excitement.

"Bahamas...." She screamed in excitement. How I love to see this kid in her. "Manik, why didn't you tell me before. I need to do so much.....and packing..!! And look at me, I still haven't taken a bath...Manik I am going to take a bath and you start selecting clothes you want to take and I will pack once I come out." She instructed me while taking her clothes and going in. I was happy that she was excited about this trip...I did fear that she would refuse but she had this thing of always surprising me.