Chapter 43

Nandani's POV
I woke up but my eyes refused to open due to the extreme pain in my head. It felt as if someone was hitting my head with a hammer. But with great difficulty I managed to open my one eye. The sight in front of me was a delight, I definitely was dreaming to see Manik siting right in front of me. I wanted to relish each and every moment, so what if it was a dream.

"It's not your dream, get up!" Manik said.

I panicked and sat on the bed. Everything around seemed familiar but it wasn't Navya's place. This was our house, I mean Manik's house!

"What am I doing here?" I said and held my head between my hands.

"First drink this! And second, make sure you don't 'drink' with anyone else, specially a guy besides me." He said as he handed a mug of strong black coffee.

"This is too bitter!" I said as I took a sip.

"Wasn't the wine more bitter yesterday? You still drank that right! So now finish this up." Manik said. Was he angry that I had gotten drunk last night. But what happened? I don't remember a thing.

"I am sorry! But how did I land up here and OMG!! My clothes..." I panicked as I noticed I was changed.

"Well...you..last night. You were being so stubborn last night, so I had to get you changed. Mom and Mukti were still at the party, so I......but I haven't done anything wrong. I promise." Manik said with his eyes reflecting honestly of his words.

But I didn't know how to react. "Are you still angry with me for what I did before?" I asked.

"Nandani, it's 8:25! Office starts at 9:00 and I don't like my employees being late for work." So I guess he was still angry at me. When is everything going to get normal?

I sulked hearing his respond and he stood up and walked to the door but stopped. "Here, I got a pair of clothes for you from Navya's house. You can get ready in our roo....I mean my room!" So he was in the caring but angry mode. This made me smile and motivated me, that he wouldn't be able to stay mad for long. I got ready and directly left for the office. It was my good fortune that I didn't see anyone while leaving the house. Otherwise how would I face them, and I am sure that I had definitely done something wrong in my drunken state.

"Of course Cabir!" Manik sounded pretty excited about something that he was talking to Cabir over the phone. It was surprising to see this monster like this. What were they talking about.

"So what's the theme for tonight?" Was there a party? I thought as I heard him from my desk.

"But what's the exciting element?" Manik asked. I was really getting curious about this conversation now.

"Strippers!!" Manik screamed in excitement and making me shocked. But I pretended as if I wasn't listening so that I could hear their full plan.

"Cabir wait a minute! Nandani.." He called out to me.

"Yes Man...sir." I said.

"Please go get the files from Raj, I need to sign them!" Manik asked me while he held onto the phone.

This was definitely not right! Strippers and now Manik wants to get me out of the office? I, myself, with my very own hands had handed the files to him. Then why is he lying like this! "Yes sir, I will get them just now." I said and got out of the cabin but stood out to hear his full conversation.

"Cabir, strippers!! I am so excited for the bachelors party tonight. It's been long since I had seen one.......I am married!" He sarcastically chuckled. "So what I am married, I don't care...... Oh please, Nandani and being that bold never....one should admire the strippers too, I mean it takes so much of courage to do what the strippers do. It's not everyone's cup of tea.....it's only if she finds out! And even if she does, I don't care! Cool, see you tonight." Manik cut the call in excitement and got back to his work.

I quickly called Navya to check on her. "Hey Navya." I said with my voice filled with disappointment.

"What happened Nandani. Why do you sound so low?" Navya sensed it and asked.

"Navya do you know there is a bachelors party tonight?" I asked.

"Yep, Cabir asked me." She said.

"And you let him go?" I asked in astonishment.

"Of course, he wants to have some good time with his guy friends and why would I stop him?" Navya said.

"So he mentioned about the guy friends, but did he mention the 'strippers' that are also called for the party?" I asked in anger.

"What!!! What are you talking about?" Navya said.

"What you heard, STRIPPERS!! My Husband, your would be husband and Aaliya's boyfriend are planing for a strip show tonight. I don't care Navya, I will not let this party happen. How could Manik even think about strippers?" I was so angry and sad at the same time. Maybe it was my fault, if I hadn't done the whole drama, then Manik and me would be like a normal married couple.

"Of course Nandani. Let me also see what Cabir is up too!" She too sounded furious.

"So then now get the address of the place and tell Aaliya about this. And I have a plan to catch them red handed!" I did trust Manik, but then the though of him being with other girls is horrifying. I am sorry Manik, but your sweet little plans for tonight is not going to work!

***sorry for the delay and short update. But will cover up for it tomorrow!***