Chapter 36

Nandani's POV
I had left the house but now what? Where should I go? Just then I got a call.

"Hey Navya, how are you?" I said trying to sound normal.

"Where are you?" She asked in a concerned manner.

I didn't want to tell her about all that had just happened so I sort of lied, "I am at home." Well technically I was still there just outside with my bags.

"Don't move, I will be there in no time." Navya said and cut the call. I couldn't understand what she was trying to say or do. Why is she coming to visit me and when did she come from Shimla? Oh...I had completely forgotten, it was her engagement tomorrow. My life is a complete mess once again.

After about 15mins, a car stopped right in front of me.

"Driver get her language in the car and madam, get in the car now!" Navya said. She seemed annoyed by what I had done.

"Navya, what are you saying and where are you taking me?" I asked as I peeped into the car through the window.

"First get in, then I will let you know." Navya said and opened the door.

I knew it was useless to argue here so I got into the car. "Now will you tell me where you are taking me?" I asked.

"Nandani....!" She wanted to say something but looked away and closed her eyes as if controlling or keeping something in. "You are staying with me." She said but did not look at me.

"What!! No Navya, what are you saying?" I was shocked at her statement. How did she know that I was leaving the house? And how could I stay with her, it's her engagement tomorrow and her house will be busy.

"Nandani, I am really furious at you right now for what you have done but I just want you to stay with me till you find a place. Am I clear." She really did sound pissed off but how did she know all this?

"How do you know what had happened?" I asked. She looked at me for a while and then answered.

"I have my sources." She said. I guess it must have been Mukti.

Manik's POV
My whole world seemed to have fallen apart. What all I had though and what had happened. First when I saw Nandani behaving strangely I thought it was something else but was this the reason. She was right, I really didn't deserve anyone in life. What I had done to her was simply not acceptable. But I just wanted one chance, one chance to tell her what I felt for her, what she meant for me. How could she give me everything in a moment and then take it away in the very next. How could she leave when she promised to stay. I heard a sound and saw mom walking in. I quickly wiped my tears and sat on the bed.

"Manik, I know what happened today was not expected but maybe she needs sometime to understand her own feelings." Mom said taking a place next to me.

"Mom, don't you want to know what I did with her?" I asked mom to give my clarifications.

"Beta I already know everything, I am your mother for a reason." She said leaving me dumbstruck.

"You know how I married her......" I asked being shocked and ashamed at the same time.

"Yes, everything! Mr Sinha had told us everything. We knew it since the beginning. But we lied, because I saw how Nandani was affecting you. How she brought you back to us. I had understood your feelings long back, it's just that you needed to figure them out. How do you think Shimla happened? I mean it was Cabir's idea but I did play a very important role in your love story." Mom said.

"Love story?" I sarcastically laughed at it.

"So you are saying you don't love her?" Mom asked.