Chapter 29

Night time.......

Manik's POV
Nandani was once again sitting on the bench in the garden, when I noticed her. I went to and sat next to her.
"You are still awake?" I asked.
"Hmmmm....I seemed to like this bench. And I guess you too like this bench, that's why you also came." Nandani said.
"I came here, because you were here and not for the bench." I said looking into her eyes. She just looked into my eyes and I too was lost into her eyes.
"Here. Have this, it's quite cold out here." She said as she offered me her showl just like the last time.
An awkward silence started to creep between us but I broke it. "Since we are friends, can I ask you for something?" I knew what I was going to ask was totally unreasonable but I had to. I looked away but I could feel her gaze on me.
"Yes, you can." She said.
I still looked away and said,"Stay away from Dhruv. I know he is your friend and I am not saying that don't talk to him and stuff. Just maintain a little distance." I didn't know how she was going to react to my stupid request so I still looked away.
After few seconds she softly asked me why. I was surprised by her tone. She wasn't furious or annoyed, she simply just asks me why. I looked at her and spoke,"because I don't like it when he gets close to you."
She smiled at my response, I wonder what was going in her mind.
"Why don't you like it. Besides we are only friends and he is not like other boys. And even you get close to me, is that not a problem too?" She said.
"I am allowed to, after all I am your husband." I didn't realise what I just said. Did I really mean it.
Her eyes went silent. Her face became blank and we again got lost into each other's eyes.

Just then we hear somebody knocking on Aaliya's door. We couldn't see who it was but we went closer.
"Aaliya please, listen to me. It's not how you think. Please let me explain." He said as he continued banging the door.
It was Dhruv.
"Dhruv what happened. What are you doing here so late.? Nandani asked while I just looked at him in confusion.
"Nandani, she is mad at me. And I want to explain to her but she is just giving me a chance." Dhruv said. He was literally in some stress.
"Dhruv chill, I will ask her." I said and knocked on the door.
She came out after I requested her. "What do you want Manik?" She asked me but she was hell annoyed.
"Just speak to Dhruv once, he looked really sorry for whatever he did." I said trying to calm the atmosphere.
"Please Manik. I have had enough. He is so annoying. He is always running around me and being all sweet. But when I ask him the reason for it, he doesn't say anything. I even kissed him to give him the hints but he doesn't even get it. So it's enough now." She said leaving all three of us in shock.
"I love you Aaliya." Dhruv said before I could even analyse the first part. Aaliya then hugged him and they both entered her room leaving both of us in a major shock.
"Okay, what just happened?" Nandani said.
"I don't know." I didn't know what to say at the moment.
We just looked and each other for few seconds and burst out in laughter. I was really laughing at what all I had thought about him and Nandani.
"So another couple in the house I guess." Nandani said and I smiled back at her.
"I think I should go to my room and sleep, it's quite late." She said.
"Goodnight." I said and let her go.

In my room......
I was jealous when Dhruv or anyone else went close to her, why? I like it when she smiles and my heart hurts when I see her sad, why? Her problems have become my problems, why? Her happiness has become my priority, why? Do I love her? Do I really love her? Yes, I do. But does she love me?

Sorry for the short update.