Chapter 25

Nandani's POV
It was early in the morning when I woke up to an old love song being played, perhaps on a radio. I got myself to look normal and stepped out to the garden to find Mukti lost in her thoughts while the song played on a radio next to her.

Suna Suna Lamha Lamha,
Meri Raahe Tanha Tanha,
Aakar Mujhe Tum Tham Lo,
Manzil Teri Dekhe Rasta,
Mud Ke Zara Ab Dekh Lo,
Aisa Milan Phir Ho Na Ho,
Sab Kuch Mera Tum Hi To Hooooo.......

"Mukti, are you okay?" I asked as I sat next to her.
She got shocked as I brought her back to reality. "Yeah Nandani, what will happen to me?" She said trying to look calm. But I could clearly see she was worried about something, perhaps Abhi!
"Mukti I know I am not that close to you but can I ask about what happened between you too that both of you took such an extreme step. I mean he decided to get married to me and you harmed yourself?" I hesitated but asked.
She looked down and an awkward silence was created, of course with the song still playing. "It's fine Mukti, you don't have to tell me." I said as she looked a little disturbed with my question.  
"What can I say when there is no hope left for us." Mukti said completely heartbroken.
"Mukti, this world depends on hope. Even if you know that it will never happen, what's the problem of hoping. You never know what the destiny has in store for you." I said trying to encourage her.
"For how long will I hope for both of us Nandani? Doesn't he has any responsibility towards our love? And what's my fault, that I belong to a well settled family?" She said as tears formed into her eyes.
But I wasn't able to understand what she meant. How is being well settled affect their relationship? "How is that a problem?" I asked.
She looked at me as tears roll down her cheeks. "He says that I belong to a richer family background compared to him. So he doesn't think that we will work out. That was the reason why he agreed to get married to you." Mukti let it all out.
"But are you sure that he loves you?" I asked.
"Yeah, he told me himself. And I told him that it doesn't matter to me. In fact I didn't even want to be a co owner but because Manik insisted I agreed. Still he just left. I am at a crossroad Nandani, where I have no hope of his return neither can I move on, because I still love him." Mukti's tears had now dried up.
"Love is complicated I guess." I said.
But before Mukti could react Navya and Cabir walked towards us.
"Good morning guys, talking about love early in the morning. What's cooking?" Navya teased us.
Just then Dhruv and Monster came from opposite directions. "Good morning," Dhruv wished me and sat next to me.
Monster just gave me an angry glare and started with his yelling, "why are you guys making so much noise. And please stop this stupid song, it's annoying."
Cabir shut the radio down immediately.
"So guys what were you talking about?" Dhruv asked me. Dhruv was behaving weird, he was trying to be extremely close to me. Not that he made me feel uncomfortable because he was usually like that but it just felt weird.
"Love, they were talking about love." Navya said before I could reply.
"By the way Nandani, do you still have that thing for dancers or is it changed?" Navya asked.
I felt like killing her for slowly exposing me and sharing my weird teen life views and ideas. I was completely a different person back then and mostly immature.
"What thing?" Cabir asked.
I gave away angry glares to Navya so that she doesn't reveal it but I knew she would never care about it. Just then I noticed Monster, he was so interested in the topic. But why? Of course so that he could use it against me when ever he would get a chance.
"Actually in high school, she had this thing for dancers. If a guy could dance, then Nandani would forget everything and fall for him. That's how Dhruv and her became friends also. They used to go to the same dance classes and Nandani was so impressed with Dhruv's dancing that without even knowing him, she befriended him.  And in fact, she always claimed that she will first see if the guy can dance and only then she would get married to him. But I guess she got married to a singer." Navya blurt out everything. Even if she did, why did she have to mention about my marriage. I saw the Monster, I couldn't make out what was going on in his mind. Once he looked in an angry mood and then he looked disappointed. I wonder why I even tried to understand him.
"Navya all of this is a history, okay." I screamed in annoyance. "And aren't we all going out today."
End of POV

Everyone realised that they would get late, so all went towards their room and got ready. They did their breakfast and stepped out to discover the beautiful Shimla.

The driver went to park the car when Aaliya noticed a church. "Guys lets go see the church."  Everyone agreed and started walking towards the church.

Manik's POV
Just as I was about to enter the church, I saw Nandani waiting outside and not wanting to come in. I didn't want her to be alone in this unknown place so I thought for asking her to follow us. "Why aren't you going in?" I tried to be calm but my tone was just not right.
She looked at me in anger and spoke, "because I don't want to."
Was it because she was a Hindu and didn't want to go to a church. "Is it because you are Hindu and......" Before I could complete she took over me.
"Not because of that." Anger still reflected in her eyes. "It's just that I don't believe in God." But her eyes now softened. She tried to avoid eye contact and I knew that there was something going on in her head. But if I asked her directly then she would never tell me so I have to beat around the bush.
"I thought you were a typical traditional Indian girl." I said.
" I am, it's just that life never gave me any reasons to believe in God." Now I understood what she meant. Her life was one hell of a messed up thing. And after fight with all odds, why would she have faith in anything. "But why aren't you going." She said interrupting my thought process.
"Well people usually go to God when they have to ask for something. And there is nothing I want. I already have more than I deserve." I said. I knew that all this didn't belong to me, yet I have it. And what more could I ask for.

Nandani's POV
Why does he think that. I don't know when he will let go off his worst memories. But before he thinks more about it, I should distract him. "So we can actually talk without fighting??"
He looked at me and a little smile was about to form on his lips when everyone walked out.

Manik's POV
Everyone walked towards us, just then I noticed Aaliya was about to trip and fall. But before that, I held her. "You okay?" I asked and she just nodded.
Everyone headed to the sight seeing spot. We had a 2km walk till the point. I saw Nandani walking alone so thought of finishing our conversation that was interrupted. And perhaps apologise for my behaviour last night.
"So you were saying....." But before I could she began.
"Please leave, I don't want to talk to you." She said in anger but making sure no one could hear us.
This girl was strange, just few seconds ago she was normal and now what happened all of a sudden? Still I couldn't understand her and tried speaking with her, "I don't want to fight. I was just,......" But she interrupted again.
"You will say something and I will fight back. So please stay away from me." She said.
I just wasn't able to digest the sudden change in her. For the last time I tried speaking to her but she ignored me and ran towards Dhruv.
And this was it, my anger automatically rose. Can't she just stay away from him. And this Dhruv, he doesn't leave any chance to get close to her. Even in the garden today. 
But it's fine, she doesn't want to talk to me now. So I shall also follow that!!

Cabir, Mukti and Navya walking together.
"Did you see Nandani's face when Manik saved Aaliya from falling. She was so affected." Mukti said in excitement.
"She definitely was jealous but guys what if Aaliya was hurt because of me pushing her?" Navya said.
"Don't worry Navya, I wouldn't have let that happen. But guys we can't keep doing this small small thing, we need to think of something more effective." Cabir said.