Chapter 24

"Truth or Dare, what say?" Mukti suggests.

Everyone quickly took their places in one circle, all the girls first and then the boys. Cabir spins the bottle and it stops on Aryaman.

"Truth or Dare?" Mukti asked.

"Truth." He replied.

But before Mukti could ask anything Manik took over. "What type of a girl do you wish to get married to?"

Everyone looked at him as why was he interested in Aryaman's personal life. He had just meet him few hours back.

Aryaman smiled and replied, "Well she should be independent, so that she is strong enough to make decisions without me. A sweet girl, who can easily win anyone's heart. Someone who loves my family as her own. I guess these are few qualities I would like."

Manik's face fell as he answered his question. He knew just one girl who fell in the category, Nandani! Manik had now started to strongly believe that Aryaman had feelings for Nandani. But he was not sure if he was noticing all this or was it his heart which was hurting? 

Aryaman now spanned  the bottle and it stopped on Nandani. "Truth or dare?" Aryaman asked.
"Dare." Nandani replied.
"Guys, Nandani is a trained classical dancer. So you have to show us your moves." Navya said.
"But Navya, I haven't practiced for years now. How will I do?" Nandani protested.
"Nandani please stop with all this. I know that even if I wake you up at midnight, you will be ready for dance." Navya said faking her anger.
Nandani thought for a while and then agreed to dance. Everyone moved to a side and gave her enough space.
Nandani did her namaskaram but hesitated as she was not dressed appropriately. She wore tights and a short top. Cabir played the song.......

Mohe rang do laal
Mohe rang do laal
Nand ke laal laal
Chhedo nahi bas rang do laal
Mohe rang do laal
Nandani hesitated but started with her Bharatnatyam.
Dekhu dekhu tujhko main hoke nihaal
Chhu lo kora mora kaanch sa tann
Nain bhar kya rahe nihaar
She looked at Manik, as if she had asked him to do what the lyrics suggested.

Mohe rang do laal
Nand ke laal laal
Chhedo naahi bas rang do laal
Mohe rang do laal
Manik was admiring  the most beautiful thing in his life. He couldn't believe she was such a great dancer.

Marodi kalaai mori
Marodi kalaai mori
Haan kalaai mori
Haan kalaai marodi.. kalaai mori
Churri chatkai ittrai
Toh chori se garwa lagai
Nandani was lost in the lyrics and its beats. She could feel the music within her and her body swayed automatically.

Hari ye chunariya
Jo jhatke se chheeni
Hari ye chunariya
Jo jhatke se chheeni

Main toh rangi hari hari ke rang
Laaj se gulaabi gaal
She expressed each and every expression which one could using the words of the lyrics. Manik was so lost into her. He wondered, how could someone be so pure and expressive. He noticed how she was enjoying dance. For the first time she looked stress free.

Mohe rang do laal
Nand ke laal laal
Chhedo nahi bas rang do laal
Mohe rang do laal
Mohe rang do laal
Nandani completes the dance but while performing the last few beats, she slips but someone saves her.

She closed her eyes in fear and anticipated  it to be Manik, as he had take the responsibility to be her saviour lately. But as she opened her eyes she saw a different familiar face. "Dhruv?" Nandani said as she stood upright on her feet.
"Murthy?" Dhruv said in a shock.
Suddenly they did a weird hand shake and hugged each other.