Chapter 11

I am so sorry as I couldn't update yesterday. And also that I updated so late today. Just got a little busy in other things. Please forgive me.

It was 6:00 so Nandani decided to leave for Ashoka restaurant, but as Manik saw her going out of the house he questioned her. "Where are you going now?" He seemed anxious to know as she always disappeared everyday around this time.
"I am going for work." Nandani politely replied.
"What work, the office closes at this time." Manik questioned her.
"I...actually do a part time job at a restaurant." Nandani explained.
"Waiter?" Manik asked purposely to annoy Nandani.
"What!!! No. I am a Manager and if you don't mind Monster.....I mean Mr. Malhotra then can I leave?" Nandani said as she fell for Manik's trap.
"Did you just call me a Monster?" Manik said as he moved close to Nandani. He was enjoying troubling her but did not express.
"No.....You must have heard your inner soul." Nandani pretend to ignore him but still waited for his reply. She looked back but he had disappeared. Disappointment appeared on her face but she headed to leave when Manik scared her by appearing from the other side.

"Boooo...." Manik said as Nandani faced her.
"What the...........Manik!" Nandani said and stomped outside the house.

Manik's POV
What was that? Why am I behaving like a kid with her. Have I gone mad or what. Is she changing me? No, she can't. Manik Malhotra will not change because of anyone. Specially this cheap girl. But is she really cheap? She could have demanded for money but she didn't and in fact she is working hard for earning money. What I think about her, is it true? Why am I thinking so much about her. After all she will also leave me once mom and dad find out about everything.

Nandani's POV
Did I just call him by his name? And what was that. I knew he was trying to annoy me, still I was letting him play with me. And why was he being so playful. He is always the rude, arrogant, Monster Malhotra but now... Are my views changing about him? I guess he hasn't behaved aggressively with me so I am getting such idea. This is crazy, I am not afraid of his tortures but terrified at his 'nice' behaviour.

Manik's POV
It was almost 9:00, so I headed towards the kitchen to fill my empty stomach. Today was a peaceful day. Mom and Dad came back, no fights with Nandani and a break from work. What else could i have asked for more? Has Nandani become a part of my life now? Anyways, lets eat some noodles, I thought and opened the drawers to find nothing. There were no packets of any of my Instant foods in either of the drawers. How did they all disappear? Just then I spotted a pot on the Gas stove, cover and a note was on top. I took the note to read, "Don't worry about your instant food packets, they are at its right place. In the dustbin. Eat this, I made it. Just heat it and the roti's are in the microwave. Heat them also."

I lifted to see mutter panner. It smelled so good. It has been long after I had mutter panner which was homemade. I ate a lot outside, but home's food is home's food after all. Without wasting anymore time, I heated the mutter panner and warmed the rotis in the microwave and sat on the dinning table. It was so good. I don't know what she was but one thing was for sure, that any man could fall for this food. There was not a single drop I left in the pot. I don't remember last time, when I had stuffed myself so much. But why did she do that? And why didn't she tell me about it? Maybe she is a nice person. Should I give myself a chance to know her?

Nandani's POV
It was 12:45, I hope Manik doesn't lock the door again. I checked the door and to my surprise it was open. I was about to enter my room but then headed towards the kitchen. He had finished the food I prepared. Unknowingly, a smile appeared on my face. I was happy that he ate my food, rather I wanted him to eat whatever I made. I placed everything in the sink and headed towards my room. As it was a long day, I took a shower and changed into my pyjamas. Before switching the lights off, I noticed there was a red note kept on the side table. "Thanks for the food. It was very good. Now I know, you must be the chef of the restaurant and not the waiter."
Was he trying to be funny? Because the joke was totally dry. But still I burst out in laughter. After laughing for a while, sleep took over me and I slept.

End of POV

Nandani and Manik both were ready, when Manik asked Nandani to drop her to Malhotra Mansion. Avoiding any further arguments she nodded and they left for the place. The drive was a quite one but Manik noticed she was nervous so he though of distracting her. "By the way, you can work as a chef at my house."
Nandani threw angry glares at him but did not say anything in protest.
"Wow, Nandani Murty can actually be this quite. What a relief." Manik again teased her, knowing that she will aways fight back.
"What do you mean? I don't talk a lot." Nandani protested.
"Yeah, you are right. You only argue and fight and scream."
"Yeah, as he you are so romantic when you talk." Nandani said without thinking about the words that spilled out of her mouth. This created an awkward moment between them, but luckily they reached the Mansion.
"Listen, don't worry. Mom won't do anything to you. She won't behave like a typical Indian mother-in-law. Maybe she just wants to know about you so she called you. Or perhaps some rituals. So don't worry." Manik said as they both entered the house.