Chapter 65

Nandani's POV
"Nandani, what are you doing in the kitchen?" Mom asked as soon as she saw me.

"Mom...Good morning." I said and she came to me. She looked a little angry. "I was just making Aloo paratha for Manik. He loves them." I said being a little excited.

"You could have asked the cook to make it na...! Why are you taking this trouble?" She said still being mad.

"I just wanted to make it for Manik....and I am almost done with it, so chill." I said rolling out the last one.

"Leave all this and go sit on the dinning table, I will do the rest." She said being upset with me.

I took the cooked ones and went to the table. Just then Manik came and placed a kiss on my forehead. That was something new. "Paratha's..." Manik said smelling the aroma. "Love them..!" He said it like a little kid in excitement. How I love this version of him. "Yummy..." He said as he took each bite of it. He gave his entire attention to the food and I to him. My mood is a little naughty today. I wonder how the baby would be, if their father is so hot and cute.

"Stop starting Mrs Malhotra, you also eat and lets go together to the office." He said ruining my romantic feels. But I blushed on being caught.

Manik was working since the past 3 hours without even blinking his eyes and I to was doing my share of the work. Of course, I still was keeping my eyes on Manik. He is my husband after all, I am legally entitled to do this. Just then the receptionist knocked and came in. "Nandani, there is something for you?" She said and came to me while Manik raised his eyebrows to her. She was so scared of Manik.

"Thank you Jenna." I said and asked her to leave. "Manik...what was that?" I asked widening my eyes.

"What....she is supposed to address you as Ma'am. And I have noticed everyone in the office simply call you by your name. 40% of the shares belong to me, and you are my wife. 40% shares belong to Mukti, and you are her sister-in-law. 20% belongs to Cabir, who is your friend. I don't like it!" Manik said. Oh god, does such little detailes matter to him also?

"Manik, before all this I was just an ordinary employee here, which you didn't even know about. I was Abhi's secretary and now yours. It's awkward when they call me Ma'am....besides it makes me feel senior." I said calmly. "By the way, thank you. Thank you for ruining my perfect surprise." I said pretending to be angry.

"Surprise...for me?" He asked. God that half smirk will get me killed one day.

"Yeah..." I said walking close to him. He gently pulled me into his lap and looked at me.

"What surprise?" He asked tucking my hair behind my ear. Mr One Track Mind.

"Here," I said bringing the envelope between our kiss that was meant to happen.

He took the envelope away from me and check without leaving me. "What's in here." He asked still opening the envelope.

"Movie tickets..!" I said out of excitement. He was still struggling to open the envelope in this awkward position.

"You said no too me but got them yourself ? Okay...which movie? Raees..." He asked with a grin.

"I said no for late night not the afternoon show. No...Not raees....wanted to try something different...and it's an english movie. I have never really watched any english movies, except titanic and the Disney movies. But I thought you would like it so yeah..." I said.

Suddenly he bursted out in laughter. "Fifty Shades Darker?" He said and laughed again. How can he make fun of me...I know I don't watch them but it doesn't mean that I don't understand english. How mean Monster! I got up but he held my hand. "You know this movie is..." He tried to protest but I had made my mind up.