Chapter 55

This chapter is dedicated to all my PaNi Group friends, Super 16. Keep smiling and supporting me like this. Love you all <3

Nandani's POV

"Jiju....Please tell akka to come and take me from here. The doctors told me that I can't be here anymore. Please do something." Rishab called Manik and said as I instructed. "Please come now." He said and ended the call. "Akka, what all are you making me do?" He complained me.

"Thank you Rishab...your jiju was there for you right? So now it's your turn to be with him, he needs someone." I said as I sat by him.

"But you are there for him right!" He said not knowing anything.

"I am always there with him, but somethings have gotten a little messed up. So now I can't tell him that I am with him. Rishab, do anything that will cheer him up and don't, even by mistake tell him that I am behind all this." I explain to Rishab.

"Don't worry Akka, I will try my best. And I like him, he has done so much for me. Tolerating you is the biggest..." He said teasing me and we both ended up laughing.

In the next few minutes, I hear the monster walking towards the room so I hid myself. "Rishab.." He said as he stormed into his room. "Rishab...are you okay? They haven't harmed you have they?" He asked by cupping his face with his palms. He was so stressed out, it made me feel even more guilty.

"No jiju...relax. I am fine, they haven't done anything to me." Rishab said trying to cool him down.

"Let me call your sister." He said and dialled my number. My phone was on silent and I didn't pick up as I was just hiding behind the cupboard in the room. "Your sister I tell you..." He said while trying again. "She is not picking up...well let me drop you home....I mean, you come with me to my penthouse. Then I will go get Nandani from the office." He said. "Virat, I want you to file a harassment case against this ashram and make sure their license gets cancelled for doing this to my family." Manik turned to Virat and said who was just waiting outside the room.

"Yes sir." He said and waited for Manik to go with Rishab.

As soon as Manik let the ashram, I ran behind Virat to stop him. "Virat, wait!" I said and he looked at me in a shock. "Virat...please don't do anything that Manik has said now." I said.

"But ma'am, sir will not like it." He said being a loyal employee.

"Don't worry...trust me, I won't do anything wrong for Manik. Please." I pleaded and he understood.

"I know ma'am, fine I will follow your orders." He said.

I quickly left for the office before my monster reaches. The flashbacks of Manik's reaction towards Rishab flashed in front of me. I don't know what I did to get such an amazing person in my life. Manik deserves all the happiness and I will do all it takes to fight for it.

Manik's POV

I dropped Rishab to my penthouse and went to the office to get Nandani. It felt bad that I had kept Rishab away from Nandani, but maybe she would comeback to me because of this reason. Maybe not my love but the love for her brother would get her to the penthouse.

As I entered the office I saw her busy with some papers but she was panting as if she had ran a marathon. "You okay?" I asked. But she just nodded as an answer. It was not convincing but a bigger issue had to be dealt with first. I was scared to break the news to her, how would she react? "Your brother....he is at the penthouse with me. The ashram guys have asked him to leave...forever." I hesitated but completed my sentence.

"What..!!" She screamed. Her behaviour felt weird.

"Yeah..I called you but you weren't picking your calls so I came to pick you." I said being a bit arrogant.