Chapter 42

Manik's POV
"I loooveee youuuuuuuu." Nandani sang as I carried her in my arms in our room. I don't think anyone could get any cuter than this.

I bend down and placed her on the bed. "Now please go to sleep." I said.

But she didn't let me go and kept her hands locked behind my neck. "Don't leave me, I have said I Love You so many times now." Her mood changed in a second and now she was in tears. "I know I am very bad, I am the worst and that's why everyone leaves me but you are the first one who has held onto me for so long. Now that I am trying, why do you want to go away."

I sat besides her and cupped her face but she didn't let me go. Her tears kept rolling and I wiped then with my thumb on both side. "Nandani, I am right here! I promise I will never leave you. But will you listen to me and sleep?" I asked.

She stopped crying and smiled agreeing to me but still wouldn't let go. "But I need to change." She said making her eyes big, just like an innocent doll.

"Fine! Leave me, so that I can get something from Mukti's cupboard." I asked but she nodded in a big fat no. "Then how am I going to go to Mukti's room?" I can't believe I was behaving like a kid once again. I could just use my strength and get out of her grip but no!

"That's your problem." She said and gave me a million dollar smile. I swear if she wasn't drunk at this moment then I would have kissed her for being so adorable.

I tried to carry her in the bridal style again but I failed as her hand were locked behind my neck and mostly because she wasn't letting me. I stood up and she stood onto the bed with me. "How will I carry you if you keep on doing this?" I asked.

"Okay I have an idea. Turn around and give me a piggy back ride!" She said, making me turn around.

Never had I ever imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be doing something so stupid like this. But being the helpless husband I agreed and took her to Mukti's room. I got her clothes from the cupboard and brought Nandani back to our room and placed her on the bed. "At least leave me now and change." I pleaded to the little baby in front of me.

"No, you change my clothes. I am not leaving you." She said. How I wish she was in her sense when she said that but she isn't.

"Nandani, please....." I said but she cut me off.

"Stop being so shy, you have already seen me in a bikini. Or is it because you don't want to be close to me?" Again she made the cry baby face.

"Fine!" I gave up and took my hands closer to the zip of the dress on her side. Shit, my hands were trembling so badly. I slowly slid the zip down and started to slide her dress off her body. The temptation was for real. How badly I wished she was in her senses at the moment. She was now only in her strapless bra and underwear. I closed my eyes to control and hide all the desires that were arising in me. But she was making it impossible as she wouldn't want to let go off my neck.

"You know Manik, when ever you touch me, it feels like you are sending some electric shock in me. And my heart also stops beating. Why does that happen? Does it happen to you too?" Her question brought me back to planet earth. How could I possibly explain this to her?

"Yes Nandani, even I feel the same when you are close. But now let go off my neck so that I can get you into the PJs." I requested and also wished to get away a little from her, otherwise I won't be able to control anymore. She looked into my eyes for assurance and then let me go. I made her wear the top and the Pj pants. "Now go to sleep." I said as I make her lie down on the bed.

"But even you have to change right, so I will help." She said. Oh god, drunk Nandani is so difficult to handle.

"Nandani don't worry about me, I will manage." I said and got off the bed but she held my hand.

"No!! You helped me so now my turn!" And she got up from the bed. She was barely able to walk straight but somehow managed to go till the cupboard. I couldn't believe she knew where my things were even in this drunk state. She got my track pants and a lose t-shirt out and was just about to fall when I caught her. "Sorry." She cutely pouted and said to me. I smiled and made her stand on her own feet. To my surprise, she pushed me and made stand against the wall. She started by taking my tie off and then the blazer. Next she slowly started to unbutton my shirt. Only God knew how hard I was controlling myself from pinning her to the wall and take her for a kiss. So I looked away. "O-M-G Manik." She said and I looked at her, worrying for it's reason. "You have six pack abs! You are so Hot!" She said as she had completely unbuttoned my shirt. I smiled but got shocked as she held me by the shirt and pulled me closer. She was getting too close, now control was hell forgotten as she moved closer to my lips. But it was just not my day and she collapsed in my arms. I laughed at the entire situation and carried her in my arms and made her sleep, comfortably in her bed.

I changed into my nightwear and my phone started to buss. "Yes Cabir." I answered it as I stepped out of the room not wanting to disturb her sleep.

"So how's Nandani?" He asked.

"She must be okay, she is sleeping now." I said acting to be completely disinterested.

"Oh Manik, stop with this acting for yours. If you were so not interested in taking care of her then why didn't you ask Aaliya for Mukti to take her instead? And what is the angry man face you are putting on in front of Nandani, when it was so obvious that you were dying to be with her in the party." Yes, he had caught me.

"Cabir, how do you just.....Nevermind! Well I am doing all this for her only. The day she told me about her feelings, I had figured out that she was very low on her self esteem. She pretends to be very strong but eventually helds herself responsible for any bad thing that happens around her. I can also be normal and confess all my feelings to her but then she would only be care free in front of me. Cabir, I want her to be like that in public to. What if one day I am not there to protect her..... So I though maybe I could do it the hard way. I can make her do things that will increase the love, trust and faith in herself. And she would do it, due to the fear to lose me. So I had started it today itself, by making her wear the dress she was wearing tonight. She doesn't wear reviling clothes because she fears what others would think and I want to change that, I want her to do what she wants, what she feels like to do. I know she loves me but first I want her to love herself. She needs to know that she is not a curse but a blessing in my life." I finally shared everything that I had kept in.

"Manik, I can't believe you are so hopelessly in love with her. But I am happy for you buddy. Good night." Cabir said and hung up.

I too couldn't believe that I, Manik Malhotra was so hopelessly in love with Mrs Malhotra.