Chapter 48

Nandani's POV
"Mukti, please. Relax and then think about the situation." I said as we all sat around Mukti, on her bed.

"No Nandani, it's over. High time for me to move on." She said showing no emotions on her face. When you get used to pain, it doesn't affect you anymore and that's clearly in Mukti's case.

"Mukti, think about this. Don't you know what Manik and Nandani faced, but now look, they are together and happy." Navya too tried.

"Navya, no matter what happened between Manik and Nandani but one thing was always evident, that they loved each other. First Nandani fought for Manik and then Manik for Nandani. But in my case, we are fighting with each other. It's only me who is holding onto him. Why? Because it's only me who loves him, he doesn't love me. Because if he did, then none of this would have happened. This is a sign, we are not meant to be! He has already moved on, perhaps would have been married if Manik didn't interfere. So why should I stop my life like this." Mukti said.

"But Mukti, please for once..." Aaliya tried too but Mukti wouldn't listen anymore.

"Please guys, if you want to talk about Abhi then I will leave." Mukti said and attempted to go but we stopped her.

"By the way Mukti, since you want to move on, we can find you a hot, sexy guy during Navya's wedding." I said trying to make her smile.

She chuckled at it and then sat with us again. "If I tell Manik this, then I wonder how he would react." Mukti said.

"He is forever in Monster mode." I said and everyone burst out laughing. But we all know how hurt Mukti was.

"Guys, let's have a movie night today. I mean, tomorrow is haldi and the wedding also, so why not spend the last night of my bachelorhood with my girlfriends?" Navya suggested.

"Great idea...I will get the movie." Aaliya said.

"Okay then, after dinner, we meet here!" Navya said and we all agreed. Of course I wanted to be with Manik, but Mukti needed us!

Manik's POV
"Abhi why? I know you are a wonderful person and love my sister a lot to. Then what is this stubbornness. Even you are hurting yourself and hurting my sister along." I said being little furious but calm.

"I am sorry Manik, but if we get together than I will hurt her more. Maybe not now, but tomorrow eventually the status difference between us will get highlighted. I don't earn that much either, what if I can't take care of her needs? And the most important thing I am worried about is the fact that she would even quit on her dreams to be with me. I know how hard she had worked in the Malhotra Industries, I don't want her to quit her job. The status difference seems easy in films and television, but in real life people get tired of it and can't cop up. Besides I don't love her. I have moved on...and it's time for Mukti to move on too and find someone capable for her." Abhi said and walked away.

"These guys are in deep shit Manik." Cabir said.

"And in this matter, even we won't be able to do anything." Dhruv said.

I too agreed with Dhruv, how on earth would we solve their love story. But the fact that he didn't love Mukti was as true as Mukti not loving Abhi. We have to do something, I can't see Mukti in so much pain. I exactly know how painful it is to stay away from your love.

We had dinner quietly with everyone in the farmhouse. I got ready to go and waited for Nandani. She came out but seemed a little low. "What happened? Why do you look so low?" I asked.

"Manik, I won't be able to come with you to the hotel tonight!" She said really softly.

"What! But why?" I asked.

"Manik, Mukti...we have to be with her. She is trying to keep it all in and not share anything with us. If we leave her alone at this moment, then she might end up doing something like she did the last time. Remember! So Navya came up with a plan of a movie night, so that we can cheer her mood up and keep an eye on her." She said.

I don't know how she manages to make me fall in love with her all over again every time. I smiled and kissed on her forehead. "I love you." Is all I could say to which she faintly smiled. "But Nandani, something is missing!" I said and she gave me a confusing look.

I slight bend down and start tickling her. My face automatically glowed hearing the sound of her giggles. "Manik, stop.....Manik.....please...." She begged but I continued. After a few seconds I lets her go.

"This was missing.." I said as she smiled from ear to ear. She blushed and hugged me. "Goodnight Nandani." I said but she just hmmed and still hugged me. I too hugged her tight and stood there with her. After about 10 minutes her phone rang and she had to go. "Goodnight." I say to her as we break the hug and helplessly look at each other.

"Goodnight." She unwillingly replied and started to walk away. I turn and start to walk away when sudden she appears in front of me. She gives me the devil smile and comes really close to me. She pulls me closer to her face by pulling the collar of my shirt and takes me by a surprise as she place a kiss on my left cheek. "Goodnight." She said and ran away.

I make a mental note to take a revenge for this and smile like an idiot and go to towards the hotel.

Nandani's POV
It's 6 o'clock as I wake up to see all of us dosed off while the TV was still on. Just then Navya too woke up with me. "Good Morning Nandani." She said rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning Navya." I said as I fold the blanket.

"Nandani, your baggage is in the hotel. I think you should go to the hotel and get ready. We will all be there at 8 for haldi. It's going to be separate for Cabir and me. But you are from my side, don't forget." Navya said.

"Yeah Navya, I will get ready there and be there only. Bye." I said and walked out of the farmhouse. The driver took me to the hotel. I asked the receptionist our room number and went towards the room. To my surprise the door was open, how careless of Manik. I walk in and find him in deep sleep in his track pants only. I thought of waking him up but then though of getting ready first. It was a sari themed event, and we all had decided to wear a yellow and white sari for this event. I take a bath and wear my blouse and petticoat but I needed more space to drape the sari. If I did it in the bathroom, then it would get all wet. But going out like this, in front of Manik...I was scared. I peeped through the door to see if Manik was awake, but he was still asleep. So I slowly walked outside and started draping my sari.

I was messing up everything as I tried to rush through it but I just wanted to do it all before Manik would wake up. I was done with the bottom and only left with the pallu but Mr Monster had woken up. He came from the back and hugged me with his eyes closed. "Nandani, you are such a beautiful dream." He said being half asleep thinking that I was just a dream. I laughed at him and he seemed to have realised that I was actually there. He let go off me and turned me around, so that I was facing him now. My laughter had now changed into silence as he traced his finger along my forehead, nose, lips, chin, then the neck, my chest, to my waist. I close my eyes completely surrendering myself to him. He took the plaits of the sari out that were tucked into my petticoat. Leaving my sari completely out on the floor. I opened my eyes to find his eyes looking at me with pure love, need and desires. He placed his palm on my cheek and came super close to me. He kissed my forehead, then my eyes, then the nose and my cheeks. He backed off a little as perhaps he didn't know whether I was ready or not. But this time I took the lead. I place my hands around his neck and pull him closer. Slowly the gap reduces between us and we finally have our first kiss. I let him take the lead and he goes gentle on me. But soon his gentle kiss turns more passionate and wild. Without breaking the kiss, he lifts me and places me onto the bed. He leaves my lips and goes to my neck. I moan as he gives me love bits on my neck. After he is done with my neck, he looks into my eyes as he slide's down the blouse from my right shoulder. But as always we were interrupted and this time it was Manik's phone. He got annoyed at first but then left me and went to attend the call. I quickly got up and fixed myself but most importantly hide my face away from Manik.