Chapter 51

Dedicating this chapter to Sharmistha Sarkar...love you a lot. And you will always be in my prayer❤️

Nandani's POV
"Manik I am waiting..." I said as he made me stand in front of the mirror, making me close my eyes with my own hands.

"Just a second.." He said and I waited. After a few seconds I felt him putting something around my neck, then my ears. So Monster was gifting me jewellery.

"Now can I open my eyes." I said in excitement.

"Yep!" He said and I opened my eyes. I couldn't believe what I saw in the mirror so I held the neck piece in my hand while it was still on to make myself believe that it was actually real.

"Manik...where did you get these?" I asked with tears almost flowing out of my eyes.

He turned me around and my tears automatically flowed out as my eyes met his. "These are your mother's jewellery, right! It doesn't matter where I got these from....what matters is that they matter a lot to you. And whatever matters to you matters to me. So don't ever keep them away from you." Manik said as he wiped my tears off.

"Thank you Manik. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. I promise to always keep you and our family happy." I say as I take Manik for a bone crushing hug.

"Mrs Malhotra, don't show so much love to me. I might just change my mind of going to the wedding and trouble you here in the room once again." Manik said as he hugged me closer to him. I love my 'one track mind' monster so much.

The last phera and the wedding was completed. So the second marriage of the group was Cavya's. It felt so exciting, my best friend married to my husband's best friend.  As of Manik, he is just admiring me. Trying every possible way to grab my attention with his cute little antics. I couldn't help but admire him, although I was a little hesitated because our entire family was present and the others too. But nothing stopped my shameless husband. He would either grab my hand or kiss me on my cheeks when no one is looking or tickle me or pass shivers in body by playing with his hands around my waist, simply looking for ways to trouble me.

The bidaai ceremony happens and everyone is in tears. I wasn't, 2 reasons being that I am happy that Navya will now forever be in Mumbai with us and the fact that I had never experienced the feeling of leaving your parents, because my parents are no more and that grief is beyond repairs. And because of Manik, I am able to think of them and not have tears but a smile on my face.

Navya and Cabir are leaving for Europe tour or let me say their honeymoon tonight itself. So romantic I thought and my monster got another chance to tease me.

"So even you want to go for a honeymoon." Manik whispered in my ears.

This time he was not having his ways to tease me more, "Of course I want to but my husband is too busy with his work. What can I do!" I say as if I am sad. Well every Indian has this filmy side within.

"On a serious note, I am sorry. I have meetings lined up because of this long break. But I will try to free myself as soon as possible and even we can go on our honeymoon." Manik said being serious this time.

"Manik I was just joking. I completely understand and I have no problem with it either. We have a lifetime to enjoy so don't worry. And besides I will be with you almost 24x7, office then at home, which is way better then going on a honeymoon for once." I said realising the effect of my words and slightly being naughty too.

"Okay, so that means in the office we can have our honeymoon." And he was back to normal. I blushed and we went out along with everyone. Navya and Cabir sat in the car and drove off. "It quite late, lets get to our room." Manik said.

"Wait Manik....Can we please go to the farmhouse. Since Navya is gone, there will be an empty room we can take." I say trying to convince him.

"I am sure you are not going there for the sake of the room...so tell me. What's cooking in your brain?" He asked me.

I smiled brightly at him as he guessed it. "Well Mr Husband, your sister and my sister-in-law, Mukti. She really isn't having the time of her life. We can't interfere in their problems, but we can get them to talk their difference out right?" I said as we wait outside till everyone leaves the hotel.

"But how? They both are so stubborn. And Mukti is too hurt, her pain has taken over her at the moment." Manik said being worried for Mukti.

"Manik.......trust me. I know this will work but I need you." I said holding his hand in mine, asking for assurance.

"I am always going to be with you, no matter what. So what do I have to do?" He said pulling me close from my waist.

"Manik....for the moment leave me and let's go to the farmhouse." I said trying to get out of his grip. He being my monster, acted cute for a while and let me go.

Aaliya, Me and Mukti were in her room. I had purposely asked them to have a chit chat session after all the ceremony had ended for the plan. It was 3:00 am and still they unwilling agreed as I had asked. Aaliya excused herself and left us to go sleep.

"Where is Manik?" Mukti asked while yawning due to sleep.

"He is sleeping." I lied and hoping for her to fall asleep.

We chatted for few more minutes and Mukti was down. Perfect time. I messaged Manik to bring him outside Mukti's bedroom but not too close though so that I can start my acting.

"We are on the way." I got a message from Manik and I slowly sneaked out her room, making sure she doesn't wake up. I heard Manik and Abhi speak so I ran and banged myself into Manik.

"What happened Nandani, why do you look so tensed?" Manik said. 'Such an amazing actor he is.' I thought to myself and smiled within.

"Manik...Manik....Mukti...Mukti..." I acted to be extremely worried. "Mukti, I don't know what happened. She is not responding.." I said.

"What do you mean she is not responding?" Abhi asked before Manik could.

"Something is wrong with her. She fell unconscious. Just few minutes back we were talking and then suddenly..." I said while acting. Without any further information, Abhi rushed to her room. I winked at Manik for the plan going on the right track and he quickly placed a kiss on my cheek before I could react. Then he ran behind Abhi and so did I.

"Mukti wake up." Abhi shaked her as he took her head in his lap. "Mukti please, don't do this to me. What happened?" He looked devastated. "Mukti please wake up, I love you." He said as he put his forehead onto hers.

"Then why don't you act like you love me?" Mukti asked opening her eyes and sitting up on the bed. Without thinking Abhi hugged her and both cried their heart out. "Abhi please don't do this to us. We need to talk out the difference otherwise none of us will be happy."

"I am sorry Mukti, I should have given us a chance. I ruined us." Abhi said while hugging her.

Me and Manik were both happy and left the place as we thought to give them the time they needed. "So Mrs Malhotra, ready to go back home?" Manik asked.

"Of course.." I said and we went to sleep.

At 11:45, we landed in Mumbai. Dad, Mom and Mukti went in one car and we followed in another. Manik and I were having the time of our life. He wouldn't leave a chance to tease me, in the plane and right now in the car. The monster I thought had turned out to be my knight in the shining armour in disguise. Now nothing bad is going to happen.

"Why is dad's car taking a different turn?" Manik thought it out loud. He took his phone out and called someone. "Virat, what happened? Why did you guys turn to the other side?" He asked. "What!!" He suddenly screamed it out loud. "Driver follow dad's car now." He said and panicked at the same time.

I put my hand to calm him down but it barely worked. What had happened?

So any guess for what's going to happen in the next update?? Let's see if anyone can guess it.