Chapter 26

"Guys para gliding, let's try it." Aryaman suggested.
"But I don't know how to." Navya suggested.
"Well for those who don't know can go with the instructors too." Dhruv suggested.
"Well Dhruv, Manik, Mukti and me know how to, so rest of the girls can come with us." Cabir suggested.
"Well even I have trained for it." Aryaman said.
"Cool, so girls do you want to go for it." Cabir asked for the last time.
"I am ready for it." Mukti said with confidence.
"I would love too, but I am going with the instructors. I don't trust you guys." Aaliya said.
"I will go with Cabir." Navya said in excitement.
Everyone now looked at Nandani for her approval.
"Yeah, let's....go." Nandani said in nervousness.

They all reached by the point. Everyone went to get their gears while Manik went and kept everyone's valuables in the locker which they provided.

Manik's POV
Why is Nandani standing away from everyone. Should I go ask? But she won't reply properly. I always say I won't talk but I always break it.
I walked to her. "Why are you standing here. Go get your gear. Don't you want to do it?" I asked as I pretended to be not so interested. She looked at me for few seconds as if she didn't know what to say.
"What happened?" I asked on a serious note.
"I don't think I can do it!" She was so nervous.
"But do you want to do it?" I asked.
"Yeah, I have always wanted to but it's too high. I don't think I can do it." She said constantly looking at the end of the cliff.
"Then go with one of the instructors. They are professionals." I suggested.
"No!! I mean, I don't know them. And what if I need to hold his hand or something. It would be so awkward." She said still looking at the departing point.
"Why do you need to hold his hand?" I honestly didn't like it when someone else would get close to her. Why, I don't know. But I just hated it.
She hesitated but spoke, "Actually when I panic, I need to hold onto someone or something."
I liked it how she was so scared yet she wanted to give it a try. An idea came up in my mind but I was scared to tell her as things have never been normal between us. But I tried. I blocked her view of the departure point which made her look at me. "You can come with me." She just looked into my eyes, I don't know for what. Perhaps searching for an assurance that she would be safe with me.
"But I am scared." She still looked at me, maybe she wanted me to make her feel safe.
"Trust me, I am there for you." I don't know why and how but I said it.
She took few seconds and then nodded.
"Let's go them." I said and moved towards the counter to get my gear but she didn't move from the place and looked at a couple who were taking off.
She was too terrified, but I wanted her to experience this. Because I know she would love it. So I held her hand and pulled her to the counter. The instructor made her wear her safety gear while telling her all the instructions. But I could tell she was not listening to a thing. I went to her and brought her back out of her thoughts. "Did you hear all the instructions?" I asked.
But she nodded in a no like a little kid. This avatar of hers was new to me. I couldn't believe she was so terrified. Aryaman, Dhruv, Mukti and Aaliya had already taken off while Cabir and Navya were preparing for it.
"Nandani listen, it's not that difficult. And trust me, you will come back here safely. I promise. So let me repeat the instructions okay. First we take a slow run so that the glider gets into the air. Then we take a faster run and let go off the ground. After that you just need to relax."
She took a deep breath in and smiled as if encouraging herself from within. I too smiled to see her like this.

"Ready to go?" I asked as we prepare to take a run. She nodded in agreement and we followed the instructions. We took a slow run and then a faster one and let the wind carry us with it.

The view was breath taking

The view was breath taking. I had closed my eyes and felt the cool wind breeze through me.  I looked in front to check how Nandani was doing. But to my surprise she had tightly clutched onto the ropes and closed her eyes.
"Nandani, open your eyes." I screamed into her ears. But she nodded in a no. "Nandani please just open your eyes. If you don't then you will regret for your whole life. The view is breathtaking. Trust me."

Nandani's POV
I slowly open my eyes hearing Manik's words. My breathing accelerated as I saw the most beautiful view ever in my entire life. I relaxed as I felt safe with Manik and enjoyed every bit of the ride. For the first time in forever my heart felt so joyful. And it's all because of Manik. After about 20 minutes we were about to land. We fell on the ground and took our gears out.
"How was it?" Manik asked.
I didn't have words to describe the feeling. It was so beautiful. And all this was possible because of Manik only, if he didn't encourage and brought me along then I would have chickened out. He still waited for my response but I don't know what had happened to me that I ran towards him and hugged. "Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.....if it wasn't for you then I would have never experienced something so beautiful." I had surrendered myself into his embrace. But when he hugged me back, I tighten the hug even more. Every time we shared a hug, it gave me a weird peace that perhaps was lost after the accident. But I wonder why with him? There has always been a clash between us but why is it that only he stood by me when there was no one for me, when I was all alone. What am I doing. I need to let go off him. I slowly pull out of the hug. "Sorry..." But he interrupted me.
"You don't have to be, in fact I wanted to say sorry for my previous behaviour." What!! He wanted to say sorry after how I always behaved with him. "You shouldn't be. My mood swings.....just forget it." Nandani said.
"Ma'am, sir the car is waiting for you. It will take you uphill." A man came and informed us.

We sat in the car and Manik began, "do we always have to fight?" Why was he asking this all off a sudden. But he is right, do we always have to fight.
"I don't want to." I said looking away.
"So then can't we be friends like the others?" Manik said.
I looked at him to see if he was serious or was just saying it for the sake of it. But he really meant it, I could see it in his eyes.
"We can be." I said and a small smile played on both of our lips.
End of POV

Manik and Nandani stepped out of the car where everyone waited for them.
Cabir whispered into Mukti's ears, "why are they smiling so much. Did something happen?"
"How do I know. But we can at least tease them na.." Mukti said in a naughty way.
Cabir too laughed evilly.

"So the couple arrives. You, husband wife went together." Cabir teased.
Manik gave a 'I will kill you now' look to Cabir and spoke, "she was afraid so I took her with me. Big deal."
Cabir backed off and they left for lunch. They had lunch at a restaurant and went home. Everyone was tired because off all the walking and para gliding so they all went to their rooms.
Nandani was just about to go to bed when her phone rang. It was Nyonika. They spoke for a while and Nyonika demanded to speak to Manik so she went into his room and gave him her phone.
She sat on the couch as Manik spoke to his mother. But within a few second she fell asleep. Manik looked out of the window and was still talking. After few minutes he hung up the call and turned around to see Nandani fast asleep on the couch.
He carried her and slowly placed her on his bed.

Manik's POV
Why am I getting so attracted to her? Why do I want to spend all my time with her? Why can't I stop looking at her face? When will I get answers to my questions. Have I started feeling for her? No no!! Manik Malhotra and love, I don't think so.
I softly tuck her hair strand behind her ears and admire her beautiful face.