Chapter 38

Manik's POV
I was at the office today, waiting for her. Will she come or not? She does need the money for her brother's treatment so most likely she will come. Just then I heard a knock, "come in." I ordered.

And it was her. My smile automatically made its way on my face as I saw her. But she looked pale, it seemed as if she had cried the whole night. If she also doesn't like the distance between us then why is she doing all this? "Sir, here is my resignation letter. I will serve the notice period and then will leave." I could just hear her sweet voice and I smiled even more because it felt like I hadn't seen her or heard her soulful voice for ages. But wait what!!!

"What!" I said as I replayed her words in my head.

"What what? My resignation letter sir." She said and handed over the envelope.

"Nandani, do you have so much against me that you don't even care about your brother's treatment?" I asked, wondering if she had started hating me so much.

"You are getting personal sir. It's my personal life, I can do whatever I want.....I have already applied for a job in better companies." She said blankly.

Each and every word of hers was pricking me bit by bit. I knew she was trying to do that and I had told her that it won't work but it is. I no longer have the ability to fight back at her. "Yeah..!! Better companies. I am glad you found a better company than ours. I guess the reports and statements were published wrong which stated our company as the best in india. But I am glad you found better companies." I sarcastically said and took the letter from her hand.

Without saying a word she took her place and began her work. My focus was out of its place. All that was going in my mind was Nandani. How to get her back, how to make her realise that she loves me to, how to make her see what I feel for her.

5 days passed away just like this. She wouldn't  talk to me or even look at me if it was not related to work. I tried so many things, act cute, get angry, emotional blackmail but nothing seemed to work. I was losing my faith for us. Was she right! Is this the end? I saw how she had marked crosses on all those days she had spent for the notice period on her side table calendar. Perhaps she was in a hurry to leave.

It was Cabir and Navya's sangeet today. Today I has to put an end to all this, I can't take it anymore! It's either now or never. And whatever she wants, I will do it.

I reached Navya's house earlier then the time and started looking for her everywhere. Just then I saw her and Navya getting ready. I was just about to enter the room but I stopped as I heard my name.

"Manik, he really loves you Nandani. Can't you see it in his eyes?" Navya said as she sat on the dressing table's stool while Nandani did her dupatta.

"I can't see anything. And even if he does, then he should just except the fact that his feelings are one sided and move on. Maybe he will find someone who loves him back. Perhaps then he will be happy in his life as well." Nandani said as if meaning each and every word.

I was already very hurt by the ways she has been behaving all these days and now to hear all this made me really loss myself. Yes, I tried to change but now things will go my ways. Because it will be the only way you understand me Nandani! You want me to move on right, then let me see how happy you will be when I 'move on' during the party.

Nandani's POV
I really meant it when I told Navya that Manik should move on. He too needed a life partner, who could stand by his side through thick and thin. Someone who can bring happiness in his life, which surely I couldn't. But will I be able to bare it if he moves on with someone?

The sangeet had started and surprisingly Manik hasn't done anything today. He was calm and it seemed he was having fun with his friend. But there was someone else with the gang to. I guess a business partner. But then why is Manik's hand on her shoulder? She looked quite hot and smart to. Dhruv caught me staring and called me over, so I went.