1/ F I F T E E N

^

     3rd person POV

.     3rd person POV

Ellie spent the whole night crying about her stupid life. She thought she was pathetic and useless. Except from making coffees, muffins and milkshakes, she had no other things she could think of.

No education. No family. No love.

As she rested her head on her arm, staring blankly at the wall in front of her, since she had done all the things she needed to and the cafe was filled with people seating and peacefully minding their own business, she heard the all too familiar jingling sound of the door.

Hoping to see harry after 1 day, coming here to tell her he's so damn sorry, instead she found an all too familiar figure standing in front of the door searching for a seat, but not Harry. She was disappointed but seeing him after all this time felt somehow good, and relieving.

When the person's eyes landed on Ellie, they were bright, full of hope, full of love.

"Ellie? Ellie! Wow- oh my god- I can't believe this! It's been so long. Where have you been?" Dylan almost yelled when he saw the first and true and only love of his life, his ex-girlfriend, Ellie.

"Dylan! Yes! Oh my god, I've missed you." Ellie said as she got in front of him and gave him one of the warmest hugs ever.

Ellie and Dylan used to date in her freshman year. She was a freshman and he was a sophomore. They spent a lot of time together. Even Ellie's mother knew about him. They were so close and so into each other.

But what was missing was that...

Ellie never could have the same feelings towards Dylan as he did, and expected her to.

She even told her mother about it and she, being the best mother she was, told her to tell him the truth and just be friends with him.

And she did. At first Dylan was pissed. Irritated. He couldn't believe the only person he ever cared for had turned him down. Dylan was popular. Pretty awesome actually but something was missing in him in Ellie's eyes and that seemed to effect her and especially him.

He didn't talk to her for a week and was just off. From everything. Being depressed and lonely. She never thought she could have an affect on someone as strong as she did on Dylan.

Dylan recovered and they remained friends afterwards and she somehow told him everything. Although Dylan was hurt every time he saw her, but he couldn't bare seeing her with someone else or someone who couldn't make her happy. He couldn't bare seeing her sad, broken. So he helped her through everything and she knew all too well why he did it. And she was hurt because she couldn't care as much back.

Her mother's tragic death adding up to it all made her disconnect herself from him and every other person in the school. At first they were reaching her, trying to ask her why, but she couldn't just tell them. She shut them down and stayed alone. Until she found Harry.

Harry.

Even his name made Ellie's heart break into pieces, making his voice echo in her head like a voice memo on repeat.

"Hey, so, everyone is still wondering why you suddenly left school and never came back." Dylan said, hurt.

"Can you keep it a secret?" She paused to see his reaction and after he nodded she continued. "My- my... Mom.. She died." She said and forced a smile on her face as she wiped the tear streaming down her face.

"Oh. I'm- you- Wow! I'm so sorry Ellie. I don't know what to say. She was like a second mom to me."

"Yeah." She said as she buried her face in her hands. Dylan came forward and hugged her tight.

For once in a long time after her mother's death and Harry, she felt safe again. She felt relaxed and just never wanted to let go of him. Having a friend felt good again.

She wrapped her petite arms around Dylan's waist and started crying uncontrollably, letting everything out as he caressed her hair and shushed her.

The cold-hearted Harry, her mother's absence, his psychotic father, her miserable life. Everything.

"I'm so sorry for not being there for you when I should've." Dylan said as his voice cracked seeing her like this. The Ellie he never wanted to see.

"It's okay. I'm just recovering." She smiled softly and kissed Dylan's cheek. "Thank you."

Her work hour was over but Dylan was still there talking to her, trying to fill in for every time he hadn't been there for her.

2 hours later and they were still talking about everything and nothing. The rain had started to poor down heavily again like the night she ran sway from her father, from Harry.

But still, Dylan managed to make her laugh and little did he know, make her forget about Harry even if it's only for 2 hours.

"Oh my god, that was so funny." She said between hiccups to contain her laughter as she tightened her grip around her hot coffee mug. And Dylan just admired the view. Seeing her laugh after her breakdown was a true piece of art in front of him. He was still madly in love with her and she knew it all too well.

She could sense how he was trying. How he stared at her and how he admired her when there was nothing to admire from her eyes.

"What the hell?" He suddenly asked making Ellie stop immediately.

"What?" She followed his gaze and looked out the window.

"It's just that... that dude has been staying under the rain, staring at us for the last 30 minutes and he is still there! Like what the-"

"Dylan." Ellie cut him off, not wanting to hear him swear.

She tried to get a better look at the person and her heart immediately dropped when she realized who it was.

Harry.

And karma said: 'You will fall in love with someone who doesn't love you, for not loving someone who did.'

.....
THANK YOU