2/ N I N E

I Imagine her cafe to look more like this, small and cozy 😍

.....

I mentally screamed because Harry was by my side a second after I fell. "Are you okay?"

Stupid, stupid!

"No you're not stupid. C'mon."

I said that out loud? GOD! I wanted to scream.

"Are you hurt?"

My bum hurt but I cared less right now. I was now directly standing in front of him. His hand was gripping my arm tightly as he held me up like he was afraid I might fall again. His eyes were staring deep into mine.

It was the first time that we were this close. I could almost feel his breath fanning my skin.

My mouth was parted as my eyes shifted between his green ones. I was unable to speak. I was being drawn to him. I shouldn't.

His eyes shifted between mine too like he was searching for something. A response maybe?

His grip loosened on my arm and he moved away. "I'm sorry. I'll just go." He said after what felt like an eternity and headed upstairs.

He ran his fingers through his hair that was now longer than the last time I saw it. The habit he has.

He looked down, breaking eye contact with me and brushing pass me and upstairs. "You... um- S-still have it-t?" I couldn't help but finally ask.

He stopped and without turning around and replied. "What?" His back facing me. He didn't even bother turning around.

"The... video." I lowly said. He didn't say anything as he lowered his head, staring down at the floor.

I knew the answer. I just wanted to know why. So I asked. "Why?" I stepped closer, completely forgetting about the pain in my bum. But he still didn't say anything. Instead, he finally turned.

"Why haven't you told him?" He suddenly asked and came down, standing where he was; right in front of me.

My breath hitched in my throat. "Why didn't you tell him Elliana?" He asked through greeted teeth. You could see sadness and hurt and rage in his eyes.

Because I love you and I didn't want him to hurt you. I thought.

Just like he read my mind he replied. "That's why I kept it until now too."

He left after that, leaving me standing there at the end of the stairs, dumbfounded.

.....

I was cleaning the mug in my hand and remembering last night's events. After he kicked me out and 2 years later when he came back with that letter, I found out that he really did love me. But last night he confessed that he still does. And that eats me alive.

The moment my eyes met his, it all came back. All the love I felt. Only a glimpse of him was enough to reassure me I still love him too.

And that scares me.

That scares me to no end. But then again, why should I be scared? I have asked this question for the millionth time today. And the answer is evident. But I refuse to accept it.

You love him and you are scared that you'll go back to him. My subconscious yelled.

That was the truth. I was afraid I'll go to him again. But it'll happen only if he wants it too, right?

And he may still love me but I'm sure he has moved on from a girl with the worst life and everything to someone more attractive, beautiful and well... better.