2/ T H I R T Y - T W O

Luckily, Luke didn't lock the door when he left so when Joe arrived about 10 minutes after I called him, he opened the door and got in.

I have been crying my eyes out for the pas 10 minutes; both from shock and pain.

Blood ran down my face, arms and legs, from the cuts and the small broken pieces of glass still left in my skin. My body trembled along with my bottom lip.

Not having the energy to get up, I laid in the middle of the hall, not so far from the door, hugging my knees.

"HOLY SHIT! Holy shit!!! What happened? What the fuck happened?" Joe worriedly said and rushed to my side, turning me to face him. His breathing was uneven and he looked terrified. The moment he turned me and was faced with my scars and the blood, he gasped and his grip tightened.

"Fucking hell!! You gotta go to a hospital. Get up—"

I interrupted him. "No no.. you can do it. I don't wanna go to a hospital."

"Let me call Luke then! Fuck!" He said and quickly grabbed his phone.

Like a reaction, I quickly grabbed his phone and my eyes got teary again, my breath becoming fast. With a terrified look on my face and my head slowly shaking, he got the idea.

"Luke did this?" He asked in bewilderment and slumped down beside me. And I nodded.

"But why?" He asked and opened his aid kit.

"He found out."

"About you and Harry? Shit..." he sighed. "Okay. Get up. You have to lay down on the sofa for me to take the glass out of your skin." He stated and then helped me up and to the couch.

After I laid down, he grabbed a pair of forceps and started to take the small pieces out.

I hissed at the pain and he had this sympathetic look in his eyes. He felt sorry for me. I felt sorry for me.

And I kept thinking I deserved that. I had no right to go behind his back like this. But I can't help it. I can't forget Harry.

How I wish he was here. Just hugging me and caressing my hair, and slowly kissing my forehead. His hand running up and down my back in a soothing way, comforting me.

In my head he had every right to do that. I deserved it more than I thought. I may have feelings for someone else but I should've broke things up with him before going to Harry. I should've ended it then and there when I realized my feelings for Harry. And I wouldn't have upset Luke this much and maybe this wouldn't happen. But I was too scared.

"He told me to— AH!" I whimpered at the pain.

"Sorry." He said and continued.

"He told me to cut all ties with him. And said if I didn't, he'd hurt him." I said, closing my eyes and a lump rising in my throat.

"Shit Elliana. I'm fucking shocked. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry but I think you should listen to him." He worriedly confessed.

And to my surprise, I couldn't agree more. It's a sacrifice. A sacrifice I have to make to keep Harry safe. Luke proved me tonight that he is capable of anything. Even killing him. He did this to me. He could hit Harry to death for god's sake. And I can't let that happen.

I can't live my life knowing I could be the reason if something happened to him.

.....

"You actually listened. And you are behaving. I'm proud baby. Keep that up." Luke said and kissed my forehead.

He checked my phone for any calls from me to Harry and when he saw there was none after a whole week going by without me speaking to him after he threatened his life, he said that.