2/ S E V E N

Just when you think you've moved on from it; just when you think it's over; just when you think life is finally at its best and nothing is there to ruin it, your world breaks. It crashes into a million pieces and no matter how many times you've told yourself you're over him, only a glimpse of him was enough to bring it all back.

It can make you feel the feelings you've been trying to avoid for the past 6 years. It can make you feel all the hurt, pain, rejection, heartbreak and betrayal. It can make you relive the past over and over again.

The moment my eyes met his, all of it came back. All. Of. It. The therapy sessions, the nightmares, the tears. In the blink of an eye all of them flashed before my own eyes.

"Well Harry, this is my fiancé Elliana, and Elliana this is my boss Harry." Luke introduced. Boy, he didn't have any idea how familiar I was with the man standing in front of me.

Trying to break the tension and the heavy stare that was now between his eyes and mine and trying not to make a scene, I played it cool. "Hi-i... Nice to-o meet you... Mr. Styles." I forced a smile on my frown.

Why him? Out of all these people, why him?

I extended my hand. The moment his soft hand made contact with mine I felt... sparks. I could feel all those stupid feelings again. I could feel love. But... why?

I quickly yanked my hand back and finally broke eye contact with him. "Nice to meet you too Elliana." He shakily said. It was weird to hear him say my name fully and after such long time.

But his voice.

His voice.

I have missed his voice.

I haven't heard it in 6 years. It's still low and raspy. I looked back up at him only to see his gaze still locked tight on mine, not leaving it for a second. And it made me feel small, weak and vulnerable.

My heart was beating out of my chest but luckily, throughout our awkward encounter Luke didn't notice the tension building up in the air.

"Lets have dinner darling. I'm starving!" Luke whined.

"Yeah... I'm just... yeah." I nodded rapidly, unable to get words out. The past moments were so overwhelming I couldn't even comprehend anything.

His gaze didn't leave mine even for a second so before Luke could notice I moved back to the kitchen.

I placed my hands next to the sink and tried to balance myself. I felt dizzy. My head was throbbing with confusion and anger and hurt and the room had started to spin.

Everything happened so sudden and fast that I.... Woah!

My head hurt even more.

Why? Why out of all these people, he should be the one to be my fiancé's boss? Just why?

I poured a glass of wine full to its rim. When the glass touched my lips, the bittersweet liquid was gone in mere seconds. I needed this.

I needed something to at least ease the chaos going on in my head.

I grabbed the food along with the wine and glasses and cautiously moved back to the dining room.

I tried to stay stable under Harry's intense gaze that settled on me once more when I reached his sight and not trip over my own feet.

He eyed me up and down, eyes still slightly wide as he looked back up at me. I resisted every urge not to look at him although it was impossible.

He sat across from Luke with his black tux and black tie. Still all black. I thought.