1/ T H I R T Y - T W O

Thank you all so much for 45k reads and 1k votes. ITS UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Also thank you to all the people adding my story to their reading list!
And thank you all again! You are amazing.
.....

.     ELLIE

After our not at all friendly encounter after 3 weeks  yesterday, Harry didn't know what to say as he still cried but after some time he gave up and went to the bedroom to, I assume, sleep. I didn't care.

Today I realized I didn't want to be in the same house as him. Under the same roof with him. Not today maybe. So the best place to go and clear my head was my cafe.

After almost a month of it being closed I finally wanted to go back. The only things I had left were the bittersweet memories of me and my mother. The only person in my life that did love me and care about me.

Harry was still asleep so without making any noise, I put my hoodie over the white crop top I was wearing along with jeans because of the cold breeze outside and went out deciding to walk there.

It was 9 in the morning and the cold tickled my cheeks and nose. I paced a little and finally arrived. I opened the door and saw everything was left untouched from the night of the accident. But as I stared more at the broken phone and table on the ground, more memories flooded back. So I quickly darted my eyes away and moved to the counter.

I got a bucket of water and a broom and started cleaning the dusty counters, tables and walls here and there. I also made fresh pastries and cookies and coffee.

I got so lost in the work I didn't realize it was 1 pm. Damn Elliana. Cleaning for 4 hours straight. But when I looked around, everything was shining, everything and everywhere was clean, neat and had life in it again. A small smile of satisfaction tugged at the corner of my lips but quickly faded when the first customer of the day entered.

"Hello miss."

A tall, and dark haired man with ocean blue eyes entered. His face looked familiar but I couldn't figure out where I've seen him. But then, not wanting to scare him away because I was staring, I looked away, quickly straightened myself and greeted him.

"Hi. Welcome. Have a seat and I'll be right with you."

The man nodded and sat down. I quickly went behind the counter and replaced my hoodie with an apron and left the bucket and broom out of sight. I paced back to the table he was sitting and with a sigh I was there.

"What can I get you sir?" I asked forcing a smile that never formed.

"Actually an espresso would be great." I nodded ready to go when his question caught me off guard.

"Miss I've came here almost every day for the past 3 months for coffee when you were suddenly closed for a whole 3 weeks. What happened?"

"Ummm..." I turned around and looked at him. That's why he looks familiar. I thought.

He was waiting for my answer with his face holding a confused expression. "If you are having money issues I offer to help and you can pay me back any time." He offered. I was taken aback by how sweet and nice he was.

"No sir. Me and my family went on a trip to Asia. But thank you for saying that. It's very nice of you." I lied and finally smiled only to assure him that I wasn't lying, which I was, and went to make his coffee.

After he left, more costumers came and some of them who had came here before, asked me the same question and I told them the same lie.

It was around 6 when the door of my now busy cafe opened. Luckily it was located in one of the popular parts of the city so it could get pretty busy at rush hours.