1/ N I N E T E E N

.     ELLIE

I don't know how I managed to get into this mess. I don't know how my life turned into this shithole it is right now. I don't know how an 18 year olds life could be this hard.  I don't know how god forgot about his creature. I don't know how, but all I knew was that Harry was the reason I could tell myself to be alive for, to be happy for. To fight everything and be strong. The reason to breathe, to love my life even at its worst.

I started having anxiety and panic attacks ever since my mother passed away. It had been a daily, or in my best days, weekly routine for me to throw up until there was no food in me to do so and I threw up blood. To have myself crying nonstop on the bathroom floor until I couldn't breathe. Or to have trouble breathing until I passed out from the lack of oxygen and then woke up a few hours later. It wasn't a problem for me then. I was getting used to it.

I never told my dad about my panic attacks or anxiety problems. I don't know why. Maybe I was too scared? But really, when I think about it, I was scared. Scared that he wouldn't care. That he wouldn't give two shits about his daughter, even if she was about to take her last breath. Not caring about the miracle she created with his beloved wife. Sometimes I wonder, does he even love me? Or even care about me?

That's why I never told Harry either. I was too scared he would turn out just like my father. Not caring. Not giving a damn what will happen to me. I was afraid of rejection, afraid of being left alone, forgotten about.

That's why he was too scared to see me like that. I was wrong about him. He did, and still does care. Ever since I met him, I stopped having my many problems. I was enjoying my life. I was enjoying every second of it. With him.

Even though he had secrets he didn't tell me, like his job, or didn't feel comfortable sharing, I trusted and loved him. With every cell in my body.

Every time I sensed his presence, every part in my body relaxed. My heartbeat eased and when I looked into those green orbs, I was lost. Every thing around me stopped and it was just me and him in the world. Nothing else mattered. Nothing.

I was so madly, deeply, irreversibly in love with him.

.     HARRY

I don't know how I got this fast to the hospital but I am sure I passed every red light, every car and I was definitely driving faster than the speed limit.

Was she gonna die? What was even happening? Every second, I looked at her from the mirror to make sure her chest was rising and falling.

My heart was banging in my chest and my mind was racing with thoughts. I had grabbed the steering wheel so hard my knuckles were white as snow.

I was sweating as hell as I quickly got out of my car and slammed the door shut. I hurriedly went to the backseat and grabbed her from her knees and waist. I ran to the door as every single eye worriedly turned to me and my passed out angel on my arms.

"HELP! ANYBODY IN THIS GODDAMN HOSPITAL!" I yelled. Two nurses rushed towards me with a hospital bed, asking me what happened as they laid her fragile body down on it.

"I don't know she was sleeping then she screamed and then when I came to check on her she wasn't fucking breathing and- and.." I was rambling words. Now I couldn't breathe either.