2/ T W E L V E

I froze. I was unable to move. Unable to talk. Unable to think. I was unable to do anything. My eyes were wide open, staring horrifiedly at his closed ones.

He moved his lips against mine and I wasn't sure what to do or how to react. I wasn't sure how to feel. It was weird, but...

I liked it.

I loved the feeling of having his wet, pink and perfectly shaped lips against mine. I loved how they fit so perfectly with each other. I loved his sweet taste filling my mouth. I loved feeling the different sparks I haven't felt in six years. I loved everything about it.

"Please kiss me back. I know you want to." He quietly whispered against my lips. His lips brushed mine with every word and his hot breath tickled my skin.

He connected our lips once again and this time cupped my cheeks with his large hands. I couldn't resist it. It was wrong. So wrong on so many levels but I couldn't resist. I just loved it so much. And I still loved him.

So with a fast movement and being eager, I closed my eyes and started kissing him back.

It was unreal. And suddenly it was like I was 18 and he was 28 again, standing in the middle of his house and making out. It was just like the old times and I couldn't help but love it. Despite everything.

I wanted to wrap my arms around his neck so badly. To run my fingers through his perfectly styled but still messy brown hair and tug at the small roots like before, and so I did.

I dropped my bag to be able to touch him properly and it fell down with a loud thud. It was probably Luke's lunch.

Luke.

Luke!

Oh my god! How can I forget about him? How can I forget that I came here for him in the first place? How can I do this to him? To us?

I paused and placed my hands on his firm chest pushing him back, not rather gently.

His lips still pouted as he looked down at me; confused, sad and angry.

"Why? Why did you--"

"This is wrong... I-... I shouldn't be here. I... I have to go." I quickly grabbed my bag and turned to the door.

My heart was pounding wildly in my chest as I almost ran to the door. He grabbed my arm hard and yanked me back.

"Please don't." He begged. It was weird to see him like this; desperate and weak but that was the least of my worries right now.

My lower abdomen started to ache furiously and the room started to spin.

I freed my hand from his grasp, wondering why was I feeling so... sick all of a sudden?

Without saying another word I was out of there and the speed only added up to it. I felt like throwing up and the room only span more.

I started to see black dots in my vision as I stumbled forward.

I knew he was following me but I felt like if I turned around I would throw up right away.

People who were walking by eyed me with worry and suspicion. I made my way through the crowd that was now forming, making me feel like the air wasn't enough.

I reached out my hand to try and lean on something for balance but there was nothing.

I started stumbling around when I heard my name being called. "Elliana?!" When I turned towards the voice, I was relieved to see Luke.

A weak smile appeared on my face but it didn't last long when my eyes rolled to the back of my head and everything went black.

.....

. LUKE

A familiar figure appeared when I was walking back from the copy room to my office. She was stumbling and was about to fall at any second.

The hair, that figure, those clothes... it can't be...

"Elliana?!" I called. I was sure it was her and that scared me to death. Not now. Not today. Please!

She turned to me and flashed me a weak smile before falling down to the ground.

I dropped all the papers in my hands and rushed over to her. I started shaking her. "Elliana! Elliana!" No, no, no! It's all my fault... I should've told her. I should've stopped her...!

"Luke! What happened?" Harry was by my side. His eyes wide with worry as he stared at an unconscious and drained of color Elliana.

"I'll call an ambulance. Just stay--" I interrupted him.

"NO! No! I got it. It's okay. It happens all the time." I lied and tried to play it cool.

Why did I let it go this far? Why didn't I just stop her? Why didn't I tell her?

I hooked my arms under her knees and back, carrying her bridal style and running to the elevator to get to my car and take her home.

"No! No! Wait! Where the fuck are you going? She needs to see a doctor!" Harry yelled and ran after me.

I stopped abruptly and turned to him.

"Harry I know what I'm saying when I say she's fine. So just drop it, okay? It's none of your business!" I raised my voice and with a last hard glare, ran to the elevator.

I laid her gently on the backseat of my car and sped off. Horns and yells were thrown my way but I could care less. I needed to get her home.

I stopped at a red light, having no choice when I saw a police car and anxiously tapped my fingers on the string wheel.

Without realizing, a tear escaped my eye and then followed another one and another one. I kept glancing at her from the mirror to make sure she won't get any worse.

Why? Why did I do this to her? It's my fault! I should've told her! I should've stopped her! Those thoughts rang in my head making me want to scream.

When the light turned green I immediately pushed the gas pedal down and sped off again. Within 15 minutes I reached home.

I jumped out of my seat and quickly opened her door. I carried her again to the house and slammed the door shut with my leg.

I rushed to the sofa and gently laid her down. I ran upstairs and to the closet. I opened the secret box I had hidden and got the syringe out of it along with the liquid that should be injected in her.

I rushed back down and filled the syringe with it and slowly pushed the needle in her fragile arm. Tears still continued to run down my cheeks uncontrollably and I made no effort wiping them away.

When I had successfully done it I placed the syringe on the table and stared at her parted mouth and angelic face. I reached out for her hand and placed it between my own, giving it a little squeeze.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." I said and rested my head on her stomach. My hot tears stained her blouse as I grasped it harshly in my palm, afraid she'll slip at any second.

After a while, my eyes started to feel heavy and I dozed off.

I had slept on her chest for the past hour without realizing it. But I woke up with the doorbell ringing. So I got up and that's when I saw it.

Blood.

She was bleeding.

Her pants were soaked in the red liquid and she was still passed out.

.....

Sorry for the delay. There were a lot of things going on in the past days and I wasn't feeling well. Hope you enjoy. Next update will be some days later. Thank you and love you all.