2/ T H I R T Y - F O U R

Elliana was pacing around the house, looking at every corner, looking for anything that seemed essential. She was collecting everything necessary she could for when she needs anything.

Opening drawers, closets, bathrooms and even guest rooms. She double checked everything she landed eyes on and then moved on to the next. She shouldn't miss anything.

She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and dialed a number quickly. And after a couple beeps, the person picked up.

"Joe, hey. How are you? Look, can you come here quick? I have to tell you something. It's important." She quickly said to the phone, not waiting for him to answer, nervously biting her lips and shifting her feet as she sat down trying to calm herself down.

"What? Why? Is something wrong? Did anything happen again?" He quickly asked, voice shaking.

"No no. Everything is fine. Too fine. I..." she paused taking a deep breath. "I'm going to leave with Harry in about 30 minutes. And I don't think we'll see each other for a while. So I wanted to say goodbye for now." She rambled on, not letting him interrupt her.

There was silence on the other line and although it was short it felt like eternity for her.

"You what? Elliana... stop it. You can't run away like this. And with him. Just don't, okay?" He worriedly said to the phone.

Elliana having been stressed out and dealing with Luke treating her like she was a boxing bag, was done with him not understanding her situation and holding a grudge against Harry even though she should be the one to forgive him and forget.

"Can't you just see that I want to be happy?" She said, a lump rising in her throat, tightening it making it harder to breathe, swallow or talk. She couldn't believe her only friend was acting like this.

"Elliana... I want you to be happy. How can I not? But just think it through... I'm not quite sure about it and—" before he could continue, she cut him off while wiping away her tear quickly.

"Joe. I didn't call to ask you for advice or permission. Just... please just come so I can say goodbye, okay? I'm waiting." She said and before he could argue anymore, she hung up.

After about 15 minutes the doorbell rang. She knew it was definitely Joe but just the thought of it being Luke was enough to make her sick.

"Elliana?! Where are you?" Joe yelled as he couldn't see Elliana anywhere and the front door was left open.

"Coming!!" She yelled back from the bathroom. After hanging up, she felt nauseous and going in the bathroom, she threw up everything she ate.

Not knowing the reason why and not wanting to stress herself out anymore she let it go, washed her mouth and quickly came out of the bathroom to greet Joe.

"Are you okay?" Joe asked quickly hugging her and stroking her hair.

"I'm fine. I felt a bit sick, don't worry."

Knowing probably why she didn't feel too good, Joe didn't know if she knew or not. So for the sake of her and her getaway, he didn't mention it.

"I don't want to be the one to tell you what to do but this is wrong. You shouldn't do this. It's just too sudden and without thought."

"Let it go Joe. It's what I want to do. I'm happy now. I've put the past behind me and I'm ready to start a new, better and fresh life with Harry." She said, smiling up at him reassuringly.

"So I wanted to ask for a favor. Could you please take care of selling the cafe for me? I feel like I have too many memories from a place like that and I don't want to be remembered of them again. So... yeah." She said, biting her bottom lip, waiting for his response.