2/ T W O

.     LUKE

Well, it's not hard at all. Why am I stressing over it so much? It's just a phone call to my best friend who is a very good employee at a very successful company that I want a job at. It's no big deal.

No matter how much I said those to myself, I couldn't stand the mere thought of being rejected. I hate rejection. I cant stand if he tells me that there is no free position or just simply they won't hire me.

Elliana had rested her head on my chest for a while now with her feet on my thighs as she rubbed small circles on the back of my hand making me smile.

"Baby, you are stressing yourself too much. Just call. He is your best friend so he'll tell you the truth. Besides why wouldn't they hire you? You are perfectly qualified and if by any chance they won't, they are missing some pretty huge thing." She whispered in my ear making me chuckle and relax at her words at the same time. She knows exactly how to calm my nerves down. I love her for all these little things she does. She is just amazing.

"Well go. Call him." She said and gave my hand a little push.

I dialed Jackson's number. After a pretty short time he picked up.

At first I couldn't hear anything of his words because of the voices and shouts coming from the background but then I managed to hear him.

"Hey lad. What's up?" I asked my nerves kicking in.

"Hey Luke. Bro! How are you?"

The chaos and the noise was just too much. I could hear cursing, yelling and chattering going on loudly in the background wondering where the hell can he possibly be other than work.

"Jack where are you?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that now is not a good-- wait wait."

He paused for a few seconds nearing what I assume was a fight. The voices getting clearer now and I could make out some of them.

"How could you fucking betray me like this? You fucking bastard!" Somebody yelled.

"Sorry. So as I was saying my boss and well everyone in this damn corporation just found out that this douche who worked as the head of the sales department was stealing money from the boss and well the whole company and nobody noticed until today."

I didn't know if I should've felt joy for myself or sadness towards their boss. A grin slowly made its way to myself, making Elliana poke my arm and question me with her eyes as to what is happening.

I shrugged not knowing what is happening exactly myself and going back to the conversation.

"Really? That's so bad!"

"Yeah it sucks. So yeah. I got your message from the other day and I'm sorry to tell you right now there are no positions available--"

"Fucking sure as hell you are fired you SON OF A BITCH! Nobody can ever fucking steal from me. Call the Police. CALL THE FUCKING POLICE so they would get this bastard out of here as fucking fast as possible." The male's voice that shouted before now clearer as he yelled at whom I assume was his worker.

"Well seems like a position just got available." Jackson chuckled and the chaos suddenly died down a bit.

"Thank god! Can you do me a favor and ask for an interview with your boss please?" I begged.

"Sure as hell man. I'll always have your back. I'll tell him. I'll text you the details if everything goes okay. Gotta go. Police is here." He muttered a quick goodbye and after I thanked him and said my goodbye, we hung up.

"So? What happened?! Why didn't you answer me?" Elliana impatiently asked making me giggle.

"I think I may have a chance." I cheerfully told her and her eyes brightened. "Really? Baby that's awesome!" She sang.

And I swear life couldn't get any better.

.....
1 week later

"Okay so, everything is scheduled as I told you. Your meeting is in ten minutes. Good thing your arrived early because he hates late people." Jackson told me as we walked towards his boss's office.

"Okay, okay." I said my voice cracking. "Man calm down! He is the best at his job and you'll be comfortable. Just don't be nervous and don't fuck up. You look like a high school girl about to go to prom man. Chill!" He playfully shoved my shoulder which earned a glare from me.

We stopped at the huge matte black double doors and looked at each other. "Why black though?" I couldn't help but ask. "Don't know. He has his own tastes, I guess."

I nodded my head and knocked on the door. After hearing a clear 'come in' I pushed the door aside and stepped inside.

"Hello Mr. Styles."