...Home.

Skylar's P.O.V.

 "I know how much you love Ross... stay with him forever. you two were meant to be, I'll be up there watching... I want to see you happy." 

My father's voice echoed in my head, tears ran down my face as I continued my way to the park. When I reached the park nobody was there, thank god! I went to wipe my tears away when I tripped and fell on my knees, I hid my face in my hands and cried more.

"I'm sorry Daddy! I love Ross so much but I-I can't risk him getting hurt, if he was to I would never forgive myself. I know you want to see me happy but I was never happy, I never let anyone know... Maybe I should of but I don't want their sympathy. the truth is I'm only happy when I'm with him... When I'm with Ross...' I paused and sniffled. 'I don't know what to do, you're gone! and it's all my fault, if I had of never tackled her... I was only trying to save you... except I killed you." I cried harder. I heard someone talking on the phone behind me so I stood up and quickly walked away, I wasn' sure where I was to go but then something came to mind. I quickly ran as fast as I could past the park and into the woods, I kept running until I could see it in the distance. Maybe this is where I could see him... where I could feel him. I stepped out from the trees and smiled to myself. I slowly made my way over to the small pond and bent down, I looked at my reflection in it and sighed. I stood up and made my way over to our spot, I walked over seeing the carvings still there. I sat down on the bench we use to sit on and let more tears fall.

"I never forgot." I tried smiling. I ran my hand over my fathers name which was carved into the tree beside me. When I was little my father use to take me to this place in the woods, it was our little place to hang out, fish, and laugh. One day my father brought his pocket knife with him so we could carve our names into a tree.

*Flashback.*

"me first, me first!" I giggled reaching up to my dad.

"okay silly! be careful now." he told me handing me the knife, I took it and began carving my name into the tree.

"now you daddy!" I handed him the knife, he smiled and began carving his name. When he was done he closed the knife and put it in his pocket.

"pumpkin come here." he told me as he sat down on the log, I quickly followed and sat on his lap. he took out a folded piece of paper, and looked back at me. "this here, well I wrote something for you in it.' he paused as I tried to grab it. 'now, now.' he laughed. 'you can't read it yet. but I want you to know if anything ever happens to me don't ever forget this place okay."

"of course daddy! how would I." I giggled.

"good, now I'm taking this paper and putting it in this.' he held up a box. 'if anything ever happens to me you are to come back to this spot and find this box, it will have this note inside it and some other surprises." he smiled and stuck the note inside not letting me see. 

"where are you putting it?" I asked him.

"I can't tell you, but if something ever does happen to me you know what to do right?" he looked at me.

"uh yes... come back and find it. Right?" he nodded and kissed my forehead. it was silent for a moment then my father spoke again.

"sweetie?"

"yes." I looked back at my father.

"promise me something?" he looked upset.

"anything."

"when ever you find a boy... who loves you for you, and cares for you, someone who treats you like a princess and is there for you no matter what... Promise me you won't ever let them go. Promise me that what ever happens in the future you will always stay smiling." I looked up into his eyes seeing tears threaten from spilling over.