Take it to the heart.

Ross' P.O.V.

I arrived at the hospital and they brought me in. I walked over to the table and sat down, a couple doctors walked over one with a needle in his hand. He grabbed my arm to put it in me but I pulled away.

"don't touch me with that thing!" I almost shouted out of fear. 

"we have to, it'll help ease the pain." he told me, I thought how if they drugged me I wouldn't be able to go see Skylar after. I shook my head.

"I don't care." I looked over to the door as I saw Riker run through the hospital doors, right behind him was the rest of my family. All there faces full of worry, Riker looked over and saw me. I moved through the doctors and ran to them.

"Ross!! Oh my sweetie what's going on? what happened?" My mother asked.

"we heard there was someone with a gun in school..." Rocky said.

"where's Skylar? Is she alright?" Riker questioned.

"Skylar's fine. I don't know where she is... but the shooter was Dallas." I explained.

"how do you know?" Rydel wondered, I held up my arm showing them where he had shot me. They all gasped.

"he had a hold of Skylar... with the gun pointed at her head... he was about to shoot when I tackled him, the gun went off and all I felt was a burning pain in my wrist... I figured the bullet had hit me but I held Dallas down until the police got to him." I told them.

"Mr. Lynch we need to clean that up now." one of the nurses said.

"I'll be back..." I sighed.

"wait! let me come with you!" Riker said and ran to my side. They brought me back into that open room where my family was still able to see me. I told them I didn't want the needle so They just grabbed my arm and stuck tweezers in it, I gasped as they tried gripping the bullet. They finally had a hold on it and without no warning they ripped it from my skin. I screamed in pain as Riker had to hold me down, I looked towards the door way with tears dripping down my face. My mom, dad, Rydel, Rocky, Ryland and Ellington looked at me scared. All of them looked worried, sad, scared, and a little bit mad. I felt another sharp pain in my wrist making me jolt up, I looked down at it and watched as they stabbed a needle into and through my skin to stitch it up. Finally they had finished, they wrapped it and put ice on it for me. I laid back and sighed in relief, Riker gently touched my shoulder and looked at me.

"you okay?" I nodded.

"just really worried about Sky..." I mumbled, I took out my phone seeing no missed messages or calls from her. "I'm gonna try calling her." I said and swiped to her picture. It was of her sitting in front of the camera smiling, she had a little blush upon her cheeks. Her long shiny brown hair fell past her shoulders, her hazel eyes sparkling, happy... I pressed call and held it to my ear. It rang and rang but no one picked up.

"Hey this is Skylar, I can't come to the phone right now. please leave me a message! bye!" she giggled at the end of her voice mail.

"Hey baby, it's me. I was just calling to see if you are alright... I'm still in the hospital but I'm leaving in a few. so... yeah... call me back... please. I love you!" I said before hanging up, Riker looked at me and slightly smiled.

"I'm sure she's fine." I nodded.

"alright let's get out of here." I said and stood up, we both walked out to my family. "uh... I'm gonna go stop by Skylar's to see if she's home yet... I'll meet you guys at the house." I told them.

"I don't think so!" My dad said stopping me in the middle of the parking lot.

"why not?"

"you can't drive, or be alone right now. especially since they drugged you." my mom told me.

"they didn't drug me. I wouldn't let them." I mumbled.

"oh... why didn't you... you shouldn't of gone through that pain." Rydel sighed.

"I wouldn't let them because I wanted to go see Skylar. and I don't like needles." I chuckled. My dad sighed angrily. Riker drove me over and dropped me off at Skylar's flat, I ran inside and up the stairs to her floor. I turned the door knob but it was locked. I knocked a couple times and waited.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed holding my knees to my chest, I was crying so hard thinking of everything that was going on. I thought I heard someone knock on my door so I tried staying silent for a moment, then I heard another knock. I quickly got up and wiped my face then ran to my door. I was to afraid to open it right away, I took a couple deep breaths and peeked through the peek whole. Ross stood with his back to the door scratching the back of his neck. I quickly opened the door, he turned around and wrapped his arms tightly around me while pushing me inside more. I buried my self in his chest gripping his shirt as he kicked the door shut. I was breathing deeply and crying while he embraced me. He gripped my sides tightly and kissed the top of my head.

"shh." he cooed in my ear. I held onto him tighter.

"Ross." I managed to say.

"shh." He repeated and picked me up, I loosened my grip on his shirt and leaned my head on his chest as he carried me down to my room. We laid down on my bed and Ross cuddled close to me, I sat there in his arms crying for a while until I managed to calm myself down. Ross moved his right hand over and tilted my chin up to look at him, I saw his wrist was wrapped... He wiped under my eyes and kissed my forehead. I looked into his eyes and gently touched his cheek.

"Ross... I'm so sorry." I whispered, he placed his hand over top of mine and slid it down onto his chest.

"baby, you have nothing to be sorry about." he told me.

"yes, yes I do.' I paused and looked down gripping his shirt in my hand again. 'instead of letting Dal do what he needed to you jumped in... you got hurt... I can admit I was afraid, and I'm glad I didn't die... but in that process he shot you... you got hurt instead of me..." Ross shook his head and cupped my face in his hands.

"don't say that, I'm just glad you didn't get hurt. That's all that matters to me is that you're safe, I can tell you I didn't like getting shot but I'd take a bullet for you any day. I don't care what happens, you are my everything and if- if anything were to happen like that to you I-I could never live with myself for not saving you. I won't let anything get in your way, I won't let anyone hurt you anymore. This' he held up his arm. 'this is nothing, I don't care about this. I'd take it to the heart if I had to. Skylar I love you so much!" I slightly smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, I pulled his face against mine and crashed my lips onto his. His hands moved to my ribs and he began rubbing his thumb back and fourth. He pulled away and looked at me.

"I love you!" he smiled.

"I love you too baby!" he replied and began kissing me again. After we had pulled away again we laid there in complete silence, I was snuggled up tight against the side of Ross' warm body facing his chest. His arm was snaked around me lightly rubbing my back. I felt myself falling asleep, I gently leaned up and kissed him on the lips. I pulled away and got a glimpse of outside, it was dark already. 

"tired?" Ross mumbled sounding very sleepy too. 

"mhm." I nodded and moved my hand around to his back.

"okay... let's just sleep." he slightly chuckled trying to pull the blankets over us. He wrapped his arm back around my waist then pulled it back, he started rubbing my side for a moment then slid his hand up my shirt and onto my ribs. He started gently moving his thumb back and fourth making chills go down my back. His thumb rubbed against the lining of my bra making me feel self conscious. I shrugged it off and ended up falling asleep.