Safe and Sound.

"w-what?? no... no..." I stuttered not able to find the words. The doctor walked in and smiled at me, he then realized what was going on and sighed.

"Ross... I know you may not want to hear this.. but Skylar may not make it... we had thought once she was stable she would be fine... but after the tests results came back... we though other wise..." he said to me.

"w-what do you mean!?"

"Ross Skylar has little chance of surviving... it will be a miracle if she even wakes up for just a couple minutes. We will see how things go this month but... if she doesn't wake up at all... well... we're going to have to pull the plug." he said. my eyes widened in fear. No! no, no, no, no!!! this can't happen to her, I can't loose my baby... I started getting dizzy and stumbled into Riker, he held me up then gently sat me in the chair.

"Ross... Ross are you okay?" Riker felt my forehead.

"Ross." My father said, I looked up with tears in my eyes. "what's going on?" he asked me.

"I'm... s-so dizzy." I coughed. I looked over at Skylar as the tears spilled down my face. How could I let this happen? 

"Ross look at me." Riker spoke turning my head towards him. He looked into my eyes as he caught me from falling backwards. My eyes started shutting as I felt myself falling unconscious. "Ross, Ross, don't close your eyes." Riker said cupping my face in his hands. I saw I was on the floor now... How'd I get here? I looked at everyone who huddled above me then up towards the bed, I saw Skylar's long brown hair.She still laid there... still as a statue... I tried sitting up to see her but I couldn't.

"Sky-kylar." I choked as I fell unconscious.

Riker's P.O.V.

"Ross." I said once more before he fell unconscious. 

"here, put him in the chair." the doctor told me. I nodded and picked him up, I gently set him in the comfier chair and moved away from him. The doctor walked over and checked his heartbeat, breathing, and a bunch of other stuff I couldn't keep track of. "he's fine. just to upset...' the doctor paused and looked at me then to Skylar's almost lifeless body. 'I'm so sorry." he sighed before leaving the room. I looked at Skylar then to my parents who stood close to Ross.

"mom... dad...' I paused to take a deep breath. 'what are we suppose to do? Ross can't live without her... what if... when... when she's...' I gulped. 'gone... Ross tries..." I stopped seeing my mothers expression. She looked down at Ross and began sobbing. I ran over and hugged her tightly.

"I can't loose my baby boy." she cried. I rubbed her back, there was nothing I could say to make this better now... Skylar was dying... Ross would try... We all knew if she went... then he did as well. I cant loose my little brother, I can't loose Ross...Skylar's my best friend... no she's more than my best friend... I love her... I couldn't stand to loose her either... but knowing Ross would do anything to be with her... 

Ross' P.O.V.

I woke up and opened my eyes, I was in my bed... I rolled over seeing the picture of Skylar and I Rydel took before we moved. The picture where we were in the middle of a kiss, smiling. I looked at how full of life she was... how could I loose her... wait... was I dreaming... I stood up and ran down stairs. my mom stood in the kitchen making breakfast. 

"mom... mom... I had this... I had this insanely real... nightmare... it was so real!" I told her. I was breathing heavily.

"do you want to talk about it?" she asked, I nodded.

"it was about Skylar. I know she's in the hospital now, but you guys told me... you guys said she's in a coma... and she won't make it... and it was... it was terrifying...' I paused and looked at my mothers face. She looked like she was about to cry... like... oh no... 'it-it's real... isn't it?" I gasped. she nodded sadly. I put my head down and ran my fingers through my hair.

"hunny... I'm so sorry." my mom said as she hugged me.

"i-its not your fault." I stuttered and ran back upstairs. I quickly grabbed a shower and got dressed, I combed my hair and ran out of the bathroom. I slipped on my black converse and grabbed my keys and jacket. I ran out of my room and downstairs. I grabbed my guitar and hurried to the front door. 

"Ross?" Rydel said coming down the stairs.

"oh hey." I sighed.

"where ya going?" she asked.

"uh... to the hospital." I replied.

"oh... do you want me to come?" I shook my head and hugged her.

"no... it's okay Delly. Hang here with the guys and have fun. I love you!" I yelled as I ran out to my car. I put my guitar in the back and quickly drove over to the hospital. I got inside and walked to Skylar's room. I slowly walked in the door way seeing her still laying there... Lifelessly. I shut the door and made my way over.

"he-hey baby..." I mumbled. I sat down and put my guitar down. I reached over and gently laid my hand against her cheek. "I'm so sorry...' I let a couple tears fall. 'baby... I can't loose you. please, please don't leave me." I sobbed. I pulled my hand away and sniffled. "I-I um... thought I'd sing for you... I know you use to like it when I sang." I wiped my tears away and pulled my guitar out, setting it on my lap. I started strumming the cords to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift.

I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

La La (La La)

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh.

By the end I was crying. I couldn't loose her. not now... not ever.