Nothing...

A month later... 

As Ross and I walked up the smoothly paved path my stomach knotted up. I bit down on my lip trying to hide my nervousness. Ross gripped my side tighter and gave me a reassuring smile. 

"don't worry babe. it's only a check up. and hey maybe you can get those casts off." he reminds me. I have been wanting these damn things off for what seems like forever.

We walk inside the big white building, Ross tells me to sit down while he checks me in. I sit down and look at the long black brace that still sits on my leg. Ross walks over and sits beside me then pulls out his phone. I peek over and look at the messages. One pops up from... Laura...

*Hey Ross I thought maybe we* was all I say before he shoved it in his pocket. I looked away quickly before he tried making eye contact with me.

"Skylar." A woman's voice echoed through this tiny room. I gulp and look up at her. She is an older woman with grayish blondish hair. her eyes are a bright piercing green, she is dressed in a light, silk, black shawl with brown pants. she has white, pointy stilettos on... her earrings are giant hoops that almost hit her shoulders. "come with me please." she says, Her voice soft and quiet. I get up and walk over to the door, Ross follows close behind me. We follow the woman down a narrow hallway and into another small room. 

"please take a seat. The doctor will be in shortly." she tells me. I sit down in the chair across from where Ross sat. I looked up meeting his eyes for what seems like the first time hes made eye contact with me today. He looks down and rests his hand on my good knee. 

"it will be okay babe." he said and rubs his thumb back and Fourth. I slightly smile and nod. Within minutes the doctor walks in and smiles at us, we both smile back. The man wears a black tight shirt and a white pair of jeans. Over top of them is a white coat, that you usually see doctors wearing. He has blonde, spiky hair and gorgeous green eyes. His smile is bright and glowing. He walks over and holds out his hand for me to shake. I smile and take his hand.

"I'm Dr. James Greer. its nice to meet you Skylar.' he smiles again showing his perfect white teeth again. He shakes Ross' hand as he introduces himself. 

"I'm Ross." Ross says. I looked at the handsome Doctor again but felt Ross' eyes on me. I looked away and bit my lip. 

"alright well why don't we start with your shoulder." Dr. James Greer says. I struggle to pull my brace off so Ross steps in before the doctor does. He helps me get it off then the doctor takes my arm and extends it. I wince slightly but the pain disappears. He smiles and gently puts my arm down. "okay now how about that knee." he says scribbling something on the paper. He bends down and unstraps my brace then takes it off of my leg. He moves my leg back and fourth, this one hurts more... He stops seeing it hurts. "hm... here, can you try walking for me?" he asks. I look at Ross afraid too. The doctor bends down and takes my hands then helps me to my feet. "it's okay. I'll help you." he smiles sweetly. Ross clears his throat and moves over to me.

"how about I help her." his tone is harsh. The doctor nods and moves away from me. Ross takes my hands and helps me take a couple of steps.

"have you been going to therapy, like your other doctor suggested?" Dr. Greer asked. I nodded and looked up at Ross, my eyes meet his for a brief moment before he looks away. I look down confused... Did I do something to him? Is he mad? If he is... why? What could I have done? "alright. looks like you are in better shape now.' Dr. Greer says pulling me back from my thoughts. ' you can keep the braces off now." he smiles. I look at Ross and smile, he doesn't make eye contact but he does smile. 

"Well here is your new brace, which you should only wear during any activities." he says and hands me a small, black, brace. I take it and thank him, he leaves the room as Ross slips on his jacket. I put mine on and we walk back out to his car. I climb into the passenger seat as Ross starts the car.